Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EU Support Web Site Change of address  (Read 1216 times)

elolaugesen

EU Support Web Site Change of address
« on: September 25, 2012, 07:43:11 am »

It seems that the EU website does not show the support options/drivers for wide format printers anymore.  My printer pro3800 does not even register when you look for the software.  Called the Chat person and they said the site had been changed and I could now find my software at a different location

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/SupportHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYM58zV3pqc84W2LhUcmWnHiUk31CNK52sUU003D

it works and all is there as it used to be.

cheers elo

francois

Re: EU Support Web Site Change of address
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:34:10 am »

It seems that the EU website does not show the support options/drivers for wide format printers anymore.  My printer pro3800 does not even register when you look for the software.  Called the Chat person and they said the site had been changed and I could now find my software at a different location

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/SupportHome.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=0ccCGROWIYM58zV3pqc84W2LhUcmWnHiUk31CNK52sUU003D

it works and all is there as it used to be.

cheers elo

Thanks for the new address… I guess that the "old" driver/software download page was too easy to find.
Francois

elolaugesen

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:13:14 pm »

Thanks Francois.   

We seem to be looking at the same threads.  Nice to see someone else interested in this areaand looking at it all in a similar way  but not the allways the same.  This is a good place to find new ways of thinking etc....

Now this thread..
I am worried that it has more to do with apple's change to include consumer/prosumer printers automatically in their automatic updates.

Apples/Epson's change to upgrades will stop users from updating printers drivers twice or using the wrong drivers.(I believe this will also include other printer manufacturers)

for me it means that my basic printer for letters etc. may now get update without me knowing.  Not happy for someone who likes to be in control of his own environment?????       am I getting too old for this game...???

cheers elo

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »

…

for me it means that my basic printer for letters etc. may now get update without me knowing.  Not happy for someone who likes to be in control of his own environment?????       am I getting too old for this game...???

cheers elo

That's what they call progress and - in a perfect  world - it's supposed to help users. I don't particularly like the situation but I've decided to live with it instead of trying to fight an already lost battle.

The bright side, for now, is that the automatic updater doesn't deal with the large format Epson printers.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up