Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agreed/need sigma support for exporting dng ...  (Read 1229 times)

Patricia Sheley

Agreed/need sigma support for exporting dng ...
« on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:35 am »

Michael's work around makes the best of getting out of sigma photopro with as little damage as possible but it sure hurts to dump the container full of info you know is there but absolutely of no use within their processor. Thanks to Michael at least having fun seeing what possibilities this extremely portable if slightly quirky little package can do...have found that finding the dr clip points a bit of guesswork but a fun little seeing package nonetheless.

Do we make requests also to Sigma? I would think they would be anxious to eliminate the raw incompatibility, as the camera's capabilities are really deadened by not be able to put them fully to use.... seems like they need Eric wandering their halls and offices for a few days to point them them in the right direction, or someone that could explain it to them in $'s and cents marketing skuttlebut speak.

surprising how happy it is even in odd hand held shooting.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:12:41 am by Patricia Sheley »
A common woman~

fiatlux

Re: Agreed/need sigma support for exporting dng ...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:22:33 am »

DNG export would be nice, although, as I understand it, X3F files contain raw sensor data (light levels at three different depths in the silicon), not RGB data.

To store the image in a DNG file, it would have to be stored as a Bayer mosaic or as an RGB linear image. Only the latter is an option for a foveon sensor, which means data would have to be processed first, i.e. it would not really be raw (not sure whether it would matter).
Pages: [1]   Go Up