Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phototex Outdoors - Which Clearshield Product To Use?  (Read 1187 times)

Roscolo

Phototex Outdoors - Which Clearshield Product To Use?
« on: September 24, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

I have made an outdoor sign printed on Phototex printed on an HP z3100, mounted on Dibond. I would like to get a year or two out of it without fading. Which Clearshield product should I use for maximum longevity? Clearshield original or Clearshield CSX5000?

Randy Carone

Re: Phototex Outdoors - Which Clearshield Product To Use?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

Original would be my choice BUT, test a small section of a test print before spraying your sign. I've not heard of anyone who has clearcoated Phototex, so test, test, test. Vinyl may have been a better choice for medium- to long-term signage.
Randy Carone

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »

I've tried vinyl. Doesn't hold up well. That's why I'm giving Phototex a go. Local sign company said they had used it extensively outdoors and it holds up well. But they use a machine laminate. I just need to put the best liquid laminate on there I can. Either one of the clearshields, or maybe Ronan Aquathane.

Roscolo

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06:49 pm »

Couldn't really find the Clearshield CSX5000 in stock at any of my suppliers. Just going to go with Clearshield original and test it out and see how it does.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 05:02:45 pm »

I use Premier Art Shield (from Atlex - ItSupplies  :)) on Phototex----and it holds up surprisingly well outdoors.  Test products before distribution though---I once applied a hvlp varnish/finish thinking it would provide heavier duty protection, which it did, but it also seemed to dissolve the self-adhesive on the Phototex, and the adhesive wasn't nearly as strong as it needed to be for my application.
Pages: [1]   Go Up