Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help leaf afi 6  (Read 2607 times)

sem

• 6x6-light-leaks
Need help leaf afi 6
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:59:36 am »

Hello all,

I can buy a leaf afi 6. But there are only a few shots to find in the net. Is the back a good one?
The camera must be updatetd. But I own some rollei lenses, so the alternative is Hasselblad H3d or Mamaya ZD.
If someone like to sell sinar hy6 without lens and 54lv back, let me know.
Thanks for all the help!
Kind regards
sem

Lawrie_Hope

• Peartreephoto
Re: Need help leaf afi 6
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:14:14 am »

Hi Sem,

The AFi 6 is a 28mp 44mm x 33mm Dalsa sensor, a really good back, which works tethered with the latest version of Leaf Capture and the purchased version of CaptureOne Pro. We have a 2nd user leaf AFi body/WLF with the latest firmware here at Peartree if you are interested. The AFi platform makes perfect sense if you have a raft of Rollei glass. We can also supply new HY6 mod 2 Roleiflex bodies as well.

Kindest regards

Andy Quiney
pp Darius Gelich
Lawrie Hope
London, UK
Peartree

http://www.peartreephotoshop.co.uk

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:36:26 am »

Hello all,

I can buy a leaf afi 6. But there are only a few shots to find in the net. Is the back a good one?
The camera must be updatetd. But I own some rollei lenses, so the alternative is Hasselblad H3d or Mamaya ZD.
Thanks for all the help!
Kind regards
sem

Sem,

I did not know they made AFi-II 6, that should be same as Aptus-II 6, except for Hy6/AFi camera mount. It is same sensor as Aptus 65. So you could also search of image quality on these. The 28MP and 33MP sensors from Leaf are exact same except the 28 is a slight crop of the 33. I prior had Aptus 65 and it is a very good sensor, one generation newer than Aptus 22 and one older than the 56MP.

You propably wish to contact DHW of what Hy6 cameras they can update. Possibly they can do so on the Leaf AFi but you should check with them and it may depend on serial number. Here,
http://rolleiflexpages.com/testsandinformation.html - please note country code for Germany is +49 and not +43 as shown. My own contact is Mr Hans Hartje, but others contact Reiner Schönrock. They do speak English. I suggest giving them a call and you will likely get an answer straight away.
Their website, http://www.dhw-fototechnik.de/

Not sure at all what support Sinar give to the Sinar Hy6 or if DHW can now service them.

I use Rolleiflex Hy6 with 80mm PQS and 50mm FLE with AFi-II 12 and am very pleased. Prior I used Mamiya AFDIII, AFD and a bunch of Mamiya lenses and I find big difference between the systems.

Do check on if the particular serial can be updated before purchasing since I am not sure if all Leaf AFi bodies can be updated.

ZD? I had ZD prior Aptus 65 and advise you to complete forget ZD. It has same sensor as Aptus 22 but a very poor implementation. Do get Aptus 22 instead. I sold my ZD early 2008 due to problems to its design. The Aptus 22 is another story and is a legendary back.

Best regards,
Anders
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:39:54 am by Anders_HK »

sem

• 6x6-light-leaks
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:05:28 am »

Hi Andy,

thanks for your quick reply!
The 2nd user leaf AFi body/WLF how much will it cost? Is it with a Back?

The AFi 6 is a 28mp 44mm x 33mm Dalsa sensor, a really good back, which works tethered with the latest version of Leaf Capture and the purchased version of CaptureOne Pro. We have a 2nd user leaf AFi body/WLF with the latest firmware here at Peartree if you are interested. The AFi platform makes perfect sense if you have a raft of Rollei glass. We can also supply new HY6 mod 2 Roleiflex bodies as well.

Kindest regards

Andy Quiney
pp Darius Gelich
[/quote]

sem

• 6x6-light-leaks
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

Hi Anders,

thank you very much! That is pretty helpfull to me!
Kind regards
Sem

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »

Hello all,

Thanks for all the help!
Kind regards
sem

Sem -

Check to see if it is AFi-II 6 or just AFi 6. The vII will use Capture One DB and does not require Capture One Pro. Also check the serial number of the AFi camera body. Starting with 3.04 will be better in terms of firmware updates. I would say for AFi/Hy6, best to stick with Leaf going forward, for now. I believe you're in the UK, so Peartree is there and can take good care of you. Otherwise, feel free to contact me offline, if you like. We also have an AFi-7 in our stock (AFi body, Aptus-7 digital back, version I, but serial 3.04xxx).

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up