Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 7 - I'm hearing it's coming very soon....  (Read 25020 times)

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
Re: Capture One 7 - I'm hearing it's coming very soon....
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 07:30:27 am »

Hmm at first glance it seems to be expanding to cover some of the functions of media pro.  .. .. but they don't seem to give a discount for anyone who would have bought that program in addition to Capture One in the upgrade options.

R

LarsHansen

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:28 am »

So far no Fuji X-Pro1 (or X-E1) in the list of supported Fuji cameras.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:06 am »

I've got some image quality examples on the main Capture One 7 thread.

Alan Smallbone

• APS Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

They are giving upgrade pricing. I just bought V6 last month and they are giving me a free upgrade. I really hope they support the X-Pro 1 soon... although I can use it on my Canon images.

Alan
Alan Smallbone
Orange County, CA

Paul Sumi

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 10:14:58 am »

I really hope they support the X-Pro 1 soon...

Alan

I hope so, too.  Although if Adobe has had its challenges decoding X-Pro 1 RAWs, it remains to be seen if P1 has any better luck cracking the code.

That said, I'm happy that v7 still supports all my legacy RAWs all the way back to the Olympus E-10.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:20:51 am by Paul Sumi »

ario

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 11:21:54 am »

I hope so, too.  Although if Adobe has had its challenges decoding X-Pro 1 RAWs, it remains to be seen if P1 has any better luck cracking the code.

That said, I'm happy that v7 still supports all my legacy RAWs all the way back to the Olympus E-10.

Paul
The problem is not decoding the raw file but developing a demosaicing algorithm suited for this exotic CFA.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 12:28:58 pm »

Hmm at first glance it seems to be expanding to cover some of the functions of media pro.  .. .. but they don't seem to give a discount for anyone who would have bought that program in addition to Capture One in the upgrade options.

So basically you don't have to pay for the MediaPro upgrade anymore ..., or, the package price has been reduced to 2 for the price of 1.

Just an alternative way of lookig at it.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

photo570

• http://www.shoot.co.nz
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

I notice that the Leica S/S2 is not listed as a supported file type anymore. I know you couldn't shoot tethered directly, you had to use Leica Image Shuttle and a watched folder. Can you still do this? I was this close to buying a S to compliment my Hasselblad H1/AptusII, now that the S to H adapter is available, but I want to stick with C1.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

Cheers,
Jason.
Jason Berge
www.shoot.co.nz

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 09:33:46 pm »

As mentioned, I see no reason for it to be a charity when they are (Hopefully) putting over a 100 useful features/changes, with what reads to be a leap forward in IQ processing not ONLY from previous versions but from other RAW developers.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:45:21 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Isleofgough

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »

There must be something wrong with the company's server. Multiple attempts to download paid upgrade have stalled at 18 hours. Internet connection speed tests show everything is working well. Tech support is not answering queries. Maybe they did not consider web traffic when announcing new version.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 12:52:48 am »

If you're having problems with Phase' servers you can use the "download now" link halfway down our page:
https://digitaltransitions.com/page/capture-one-pro

That runs from our (Digital Transitions) server rather than Phase's.

And yes, as a company that's been distributing software via web delivery for a decade Phase One's DK team did in fact account for an increase in traffic. The demand has just been that high that it exceeded even the high-end of the range they planned for.

Isleofgough

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:00 am »

After an annoying 24 hour download, I was very happy to see that this is a wonderful update. Some old files that I could never get exactly the right rendition in Photoshop after importing from Lightroom and Capture One Pro 6, came to life in Capture One Pro 7. The shadow/highlight controls and clarity seem much better to my eye. For skin tones, I am getting better results is side by side comparison than Lightroom even after a lot of tweaking.

LKaven

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:29 pm »

After an annoying 24 hour download...

Best I found was to use the servers at night, local time.  Download from Europe when it's late afternoon/early evening in the eastern US. 

LarsHansen

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 09:30:30 am »

It seems I'm going to have some extra work with this upgrade - I'm running Windows XP Pro 32bit. C1 7 only support a Windows 64bit OS. And going from a Windows 32bit OS to a 64bit OS seems to be a "start from scratch" operation. OMG...  :(

jrp

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54:22 am »

My first impressions, as a Lightroom user: image quality (Nikon, Sony NEX) is superb (although I have not compared side by side); catalog, an essential addition for those of us storing photos on a network drive;  on the downside, the user interface is a bit wearisome, requiring lots of clicks and scrolls and drop downs to get things done. Perhaps things will get less tiresome once I learn a few keyboard shortcuts, and make some presets, but at present, it's a struggle to see what adjustments you have applied so far, etc. Still, great to finally have a more than worthy competitor to the also improving Lightroom, which has a simpler interface, leaving the fiddly one to Photoshop itself. 

qwz

• http://vassiliev.net
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 12:42:35 pm »

Is essential to
1. Learn (and make your own) key bindings.
2. enable Quick tool tab and arrange all needed palettes there

jeanvalentin

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 01:56:20 pm »

Is essential to
1. Learn (and make your own) key bindings.
2. enable Quick tool tab and arrange all needed palettes there

There are things that are better/easier done in LR, regardless if you make shortcuts or not. For example, to switch between browser/individual view/adjusting, in LR you just press one key: G/E/D. In C1 you have to create and use workspaces which involves many mouse moves/clicks. Also, if you switch between workspaces, you have to then click on an image if you want to use your arrows to move between them. Another thing is the possibility to automatically move to the next image after you rated; previous button to apply the settings from previous image and so forth.

This version it's an improvement (especially on highlight recovery where LR4 was kicking butt) but there are still things that can be improved in terms of interface.

And these are the things that come to mind right away.
Best,
Valentin

jrp

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 09:04:49 pm »

Lightroom is also able to detect RAW+JPEG pairs and ignore the JPEG, which is a help.  With the new DXO due on Monday, we're starting to be spoilt for choice.

Doug Peterson

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2012, 09:43:22 pm »

There are things that are better/easier done in LR, regardless if you make shortcuts or not. For example, to switch between browser/individual view/adjusting, in LR you just press one key: G/E/D. In C1 you have to create and use workspaces which involves many mouse moves/clicks. Also, if you switch between workspaces, you have to then click on an image if you want to use your arrows to move between them. Another thing is the possibility to automatically move to the next image after you rated

Both of the above items you point to can be done in C1 with a single keystroke if you are an advanced user.

I agree however they could make both more obvious to implement for newer or less software savvy users.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:47:12 pm by Doug Peterson »

jeanvalentin

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 02:50:59 am »

Both of the above items you point to can be done in C1 with a single keystroke if you are an advanced user.

I mentioned three things so which two are you referring to?
Best,
Valentin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up