Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 7 - I'm hearing it's coming very soon....  (Read 25021 times)

jeanvalentin

Re: Capture One 7 - I'm hearing it's coming very soon....
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 03:03:47 am »

I agree however they could make both more obvious to implement for newer or less software savvy users.

I've been using C1 for a while, although I stopped using it when they change the interface in v4. Came back to it in v6. I didn't see any shortcuts in the manual so how is a user to know that certain things are available?

Also, another thing. In LR, I can right click on a folder and create a sub folder. The popup has a check box to move the selected files automatically to the new folder. In C1 you have to create the folder, set at as the Select folder and then "Move to".
Best,
Valentin

mgrayson

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 04:00:43 pm »

Under the "Capture One" menu, choose "Edit Keyboard Shortcuts" to see a complete list.

jeanvalentin

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

Under the "Capture One" menu, choose "Edit Keyboard Shortcuts" to see a complete list.

I know you can customize and change keyboard shortcuts. As far as I know, there is nothing in C1 like what I mentioned. I'm always open to be proven wrong.
Best,
Valentin

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 08:53:52 am »

I've been using C1 for a while, although I stopped using it when they change the interface in v4. Came back to it in v6. I didn't see any shortcuts in the manual so how is a user to know that certain things are available?

Also, another thing. In LR, I can right click on a folder and create a sub folder. The popup has a check box to move the selected files automatically to the new folder. In C1 you have to create the folder, set at as the Select folder and then "Move to".

Goto Capture One (Menu Bar)>Edit Keyboard Shortcuts.  There is the complete list - or you could define your own.

With regards to your second question, why not use a Smart Album?  More Powerful!

David
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jeanvalentin

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:16 am »

Goto Capture One (Menu Bar)>Edit Keyboard Shortcuts.  There is the complete list - or you could define your own.

I didn't see anything that would accomplish what in LR is the viewing mode: E for single image view, G for browser view and D for processing the images. The closest I could come up with was creating different workspaces. I don't see any shortcuts (I looked) that would allow me to change between the workspaces. In addition to that, v7 crashes when I change workspace now.

With regards to your second question, why not use a Smart Album?  More Powerful!

David

Smart albums are only visible within Capture One. I use other software as well so I need to separate the selected images from a job in a different folder (culled).
Best,
Valentin

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:48 am »

I didn't see anything that would accomplish what in LR is the viewing mode: E for single image view, G for browser view and D for processing the images. The closest I could come up with was creating different workspaces. I don't see any shortcuts (I looked) that would allow me to change between the workspaces.

Dealing with post-hurricane catchup so can't take you through step by step.

But yes, you can create a keyboard shortcut via OSX to access a workspace.

And yes you can create a keyboard shorcut via Capture One to switch from single image to browser - simply assign e.g. Option-V to "hide/show (toggle) viewer" and hide the browser (apple-B).

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:53 am »

I didn't see anything that would accomplish what in LR is the viewing mode: E for single image view, G for browser view and D for processing the images. The closest I could come up with was creating different workspaces. I don't see any shortcuts (I looked) that would allow me to change between the workspaces. In addition to that, v7 crashes when I change workspace now.

Smart albums are only visible within Capture One. I use other software as well so I need to separate the selected images from a job in a different folder (culled).

If you are using sessions then you could simply move the images to the Selects folder, or Cmd-J.
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

jeanvalentin

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 11:25:14 am »

If you are using sessions then you could simply move the images to the Selects folder, or Cmd-J.

That's what I'm doing now, but here is the difference in workflow.

LR - right click on parent folder -> create new folder (make sure check box is set to move them to the new folder) - done, just a right click
C1 - right click on parent folder -> create new folder -> right click on new folder -> set as selects folder -> Command + J

That's the point I'm trying to get across. The workflow on v3.xx was so simple was brilliant. Instead of keeping it that simple (you can add features and still keep a simple workflow), it was changed and you either have to be a savant to remember all kinds of keyboard combinations or you need a lot of mouse clicks.
Best,
Valentin

jeanvalentin

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 05:21:33 pm »

Dealing with post-hurricane catchup so can't take you through step by step.

But yes, you can create a keyboard shortcut via OSX to access a workspace.

And yes you can create a keyboard shorcut via Capture One to switch from single image to browser - simply assign e.g. Option-V to "hide/show (toggle) viewer" and hide the browser (apple-B).

I hope you are OK and not being affected too much by the hurricane.

So, instead of providing a way to do it in the software you have to rely on the operating system? What about Windows? I don't know about you, but it doesn't make sense to that approach.

Compare hitting a letter and a combination of keyboard shortcuts. What's easier? And that's the problem, the workflow/interface used to be SO SIMPLE. There is no logical reason to complicate matters when you add features.
Best,
Valentin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up