Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guanella Pass at Dusk  (Read 1923 times)

MTGFender

Guanella Pass at Dusk
« on: September 23, 2012, 08:57:07 am »

Georgetown, CO

Nikon D800E; Zeiss 18mm f/3.5; Lee GND 0.6

Have a great week!

Pramote

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: Guanella Pass at Dusk
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »

This seems to me to be a bit too much on the blue/cyan side. Love the composition, but colors just don't feel right.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:47:53 am »

This seems to me to be a bit too much on the blue/cyan side. Love the composition, but colors just don't feel right.

For me too, the colors are off, especially the cyans. Another thing that bothers me a bit is the wide-angle effects on the sides of the image.
Francois

c_soars

• DIN27
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:32:40 am »

I don't know - I think the colours convey the situation well - in shade or after the warmth has left the light during dusk).  I certainly recognize the time and feeling of what is being conveyed here, though I am hopefully close to camp or cooking over a fire during this time!

But I also used to shoot a lot of uncorrected daylight balanced film, so I usually leave my WB to 'daylight' and only change in case of severe artificial light or cast - usually when people are in the frame.

If you do warm it up, I think only a small increment is needed.  It's a nice 'sense of place' shot.

IanBrowne

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 01:21:18 am »

far too blue IMO at this end and it's a great photo if you can remove some to blue which is pretty easy in LR. I would also add some contrast and some fill light.

I took the yellow to 89 BTW
Pages: [1]   Go Up