Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 4.2RC Unable to Drag Sliders  (Read 1918 times)

MBehrens

LR 4.2RC Unable to Drag Sliders
« on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:17 am »

My Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC crashed with a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) while working in LR 4.2RC and now most of the sliders in the Develop module do not respond to click and dragging. Certain sliders still work: Basic - Tint, Tone Curve - none, HSL - All, Color - All, B&W - none, Detail - none,  Lens Correction - none,  Effects and Calibration - both none. I can click on a point on the slider bar and the slider will be moved to the position. Can double-click on a bar and it will be reset. Just cannot slide most of the sliders.

Very strange. This is not a PC that crashes a lot, kind of suspect LR for the BSOD.

Any ideas.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:36:32 am by MBehrens »

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
Re: LR 4.2RC Unable to Drag Sliders
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:42:14 am »

My Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC crashed with a BSOD (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) while working in LR 4.2RC and now most of the sliders in the Develop module do not respond to click and dragging. Certain sliders still work: Basic - Tint, Tone Curve - none, HSL - All, Color - All, B&W - none, Detail - none,  Lens Correction - none,  Effects and Calibration - both none. I can click on a point on the slider bar and the slider will be moved to the position. Can double-click on a bar and it will be reset. Just cannot slide most of the sliders.

Very strange. This is not a PC that crashes a lot, kind of suspect LR for the BSOD.

Any ideas.

I have not had any crashes at all (using LR4 RC2 or any other program...never a Blue Screen of Death) on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit pc.  You say that your PC does not crash a lot....so it has crashed some?  If it does crash while using other programs, I would suspect that it is not caused by Lightroom.  I wish I had an idea to help you, but I do not.  Good luck.

MBehrens

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:18:33 pm »

Started LR after everything being shut down over night and sliders work.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 02:40:33 pm »

I would be checking your hard drive(s) for corruption and plan on a speedy swap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up