Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom updates with Jeff & Eric  (Read 10855 times)

W.T. Jones

• W.T. Jones LLC
Lightroom updates with Jeff & Eric
« on: September 21, 2012, 01:22:06 pm »

I just downloaded all the new files for the LR4 advanced tutorials, good stuff, especially the Tone Control-PV 2012 segment. It is good to see Eric's input. Very useful.

But I also bought the Jeff & Eric vids. The defringing video is worth the 10 bucks and more. Thanks guys for taking the time to explain this in great detail. I have not watched the interviews yet, I will later. I have taken enough of the workday already.  :)

Thanks to the entire Lula gang for your good work. 

Warren
Warren

feethea

Re: Lightroom updates with Jeff & Eric
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 05:48:56 pm »

+1 from me.

Barry

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 04:46:35 am »

I have not finished watching the interview with Eric yet, but the rest of the videos are very good and very informative.  The interview with Eric is extremely interesting so far.  As I was watching it, I thought about how getting to see this interview with Eric is our (Raw Processing Nerds) version of seeing an interview with some sort of superstar.  This must be how people felt watching an interview with Elvis back in the day.  LOL.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us Elv..I mean Eric.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:30:30 am »

It is good to see Eric's input. Very useful.

Is there anyone else to whom Eric looks so - well - young? Like most of the policemen and doctors I encounter these days. The new videos keep up the high standards of the originals, which is saying something.
Ken Cameron

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:15:07 am »

Eric is young...but very wise for his years.

He is a real gem for Adobe and for Thomas Knoll for whom Eric cherishes working with.

Eric falls into the category of the Adobe Bright Boys™ people (generally male but there are a few bright girls too) who are incredible talents and really nice people too. It was a pleasure working with Eric (and Mike & Chris) to bring the latest LR4 video to the community.

As for the positive comments, thanks...it's great fun to work with really nice people and bring interesting stuff to the community.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:17:25 am by Schewe »

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 07:41:11 am »

I would also like to thank LuLa, Schewe, Michael and "Madmanchen" for these additional videos for Lightroom 4(.1). Great to have a face for Madmanchen: Eric Chan and to know about his role in lens correction, noise reduction, PV2012, etc. These are life savers for our pictures. I have used Lightroom since the original beta, but this is by far the best release ever!! The additions of CA in lens correction is amazing. It made my Canon TS-E 24mm mkI come to life again. All CA was removed by just clicking the Remove CA check box. The support for 32 bit HDR files and the tone mapping in Lightroom 4.1 is by far the best HDR I have seen and used (no names mentioned, but I have a license for 3 now unused products). It's now easy to make HDR pictures look like they have just been taken with a magic sensor with a DR of the choice in the moment. And gone are noisy and fuzzy HDR pictures are gone too.

dchew

• Dave Chew Photography
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 11:12:20 am »

Somebody has to bring it up, so it might as well be me:

Jeff,
Plain powder blue??  Very disappointing.
:)

Dave

rasterdogs

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

Jeff,

The additional videos are useful but for me the 2 interview videos were the real icing on the cake.

It is fun to listen to you folks talk intelligently about photography and the tools.

Thanks to Eric, Michael, and yourself.

Cheers,
rasterdogs

Eric is young...but very wise for his years.

He is a real gem for Adobe and for Thomas Knoll for whom Eric cherishes working with.

Eric falls into the category of the Adobe Bright Boys™ people (generally male but there are a few bright girls too) who are incredible talents and really nice people too. It was a pleasure working with Eric (and Mike & Chris) to bring the latest LR4 video to the community.

As for the positive comments, thanks...it's great fun to work with really nice people and bring interesting stuff to the community.

Schewe

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »

Thanks to Eric, Michael, and yourself.

Ad Chris of course! But thanks for the kind words...although the videos are a lot of work (mostly for Chris) they are enjoyable things to do. I'm glad people find them useful...(and sometimes entertaining)

:~)

rasterdogs

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:41 am »

Ad Chris of course! But thanks for the kind words...although the videos are a lot of work (mostly for Chris) they are enjoyable things to do. I'm glad people find them useful...(and sometimes entertaining)

:~)

oops, I think I missed Chris as he is always 'the man behind the screen'.   :o

Tony Jay

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 12:59:35 am »

Just had the oportunity to download and watch the latest video segments.
Excellent stuff but I will need to 'chew the cud' on this one - lots and lots to digest.

Also ordered Jeff's new book - The Digital Negative.
I am expecting to be well and truly challenged with an in-depth treatment of the subject.
Certainly the chapter headings suggest good things.

Congratulations all.

Regards

Tony Jay

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 09:58:36 am »

Eric falls into the category of the Adobe Bright Boys™ people (generally male but there are a few bright girls too)
when somebody will sue Adobe for gender discrimination - that might as well be used as an evidence, Jeff... I 'd remove that.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »

OK. Henceforth they shall be known a s "Adobe Bright Personstm."   ;)
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »

OK. Henceforth they shall be known a s "Adobe Bright Personstm."   ;)

Or maybe "Adobe Shining Lights".
Ken Cameron

Schewe

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 06:52:57 pm »

I'm sticking with the Adobe Bright Boys™...which refers to the Camera Raw code engineers...(who are currently all male).

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 07:23:33 pm »

Just finished watching the interviews with Eric Chan. Not so common, particularly with elections around in various countries, to watch a couple of hours (or more) of a video interview without one second of bullshit. Good for the soul. And encouraging as to Adobe's priorities. Content-based adaptive algorithms and video convergence are exciting but good to know that Eric is also very conscious of performance issues.
Ken Cameron

Rand47

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

Well... I'm just blown away. Just when I think it can't get any better, we now have Eric.
Another poster mentioned how young he looks, Jeff mentions his wisdom. Both had me spellbound. How the heck does a young guy with such technical prowess also express such a depth of understanding of the intangibles of image making and perception?  Add to that the measured and articulate expression of his thinking and one is left a bit humbled.  

Thank you Michael and Jeff and Chris for making this happen.  MORE!!!!!
Thank you Eric for making my life more exciting, my photography better, and my spirit encouraged to see a demonstration that passion & profession are not mutually exclusive.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:46:25 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up