Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9880 firmware update?  (Read 1142 times)

Shawn

Epson 9880 firmware update?
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »

Hi All,

Just wondering and a little reluctant to ask such a basic question but..

I have been printing with great success on my Epson 9880 for a few years now, mostly canvas, and just recently realized that I have not done a firmware update since I purchased the printer.

I'm a little hesitant to do so after reading some posts that have resulted in printer issues after updates...I have plenty of work on the go now and really am afraid of running into problems when I have work to get done...if I run an update now.

If I do run an update and it does result in printer problems..is there a way that I can reset/re-install the original settings that have worked so well for me?

I'm fairly computer savy and I guess a little neverous about disturbing the workflow here....any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Epson 9880 firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:03:39 pm »

... I guess a little neverous about disturbing the workflow here....any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
my suggestion is don't do anything.  What does the firmware update "add" to your printer that you need?

Shawn

Re: Epson 9880 firmware update?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 10:27:02 pm »

Thanks Wayne...Thats what I was wondering. I have had the great fortune/luck to have gained many insights from this forum and was wondering if anyone out there could fill me in on what/if I was mssing out on without doing a firmware update..any comments are welcome.

My first reaction is that all is well and stay where I'm at...I just finished up doing 42 images for a client and all is well.....why tweak anything?

Shawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up