Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export for PDF Documents  (Read 887 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Export for PDF Documents
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:23:29 am »

I have taken on the responsibilies for doing the layout work of my yacht club's monthly newsletter. We have some professionals from the publishing industry on the committee and the document is just about becoming a magazine. We are using Serif PagePlus as our document editor.

My question regards proofing and exporting images to be used in the final document, which is a PDF. Some copies do get printed on standard 8.5x11 office paper using a color laser printer. What would be the best way to proof the images in Lr4? Then, when I export, assuming the images are going to be roughly 4" to 6" along the long edge, what dpi should be used?

The September issue can be viewed at http://www.americanyachtclub.org/Sailorgram/sailorgram_sept12.pdf. I will have a dozen or so race pictures I'd like to include with as good characteristics as the medium can support. (Race photos are on my blog.)
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up