Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick mac question  (Read 1864 times)

Evanford

Quick mac question
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:57:50 pm »

I am editing on a new Mac Book Pro and find it a bit more alien than I was expecting compared to Windows 7.  On Windows I am used to holding down the ctrl key while moving a slider with the mouse to get finer increments.  I can't seem to find the same functionality on the mac.  I tried holding command, options, control keys.  None seem to work.  I know I can use option +/- to get fine increment changes but I liked using the mouse and slider.  Does this not exist on the mac like it does on Windows or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Evan   

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: Quick mac question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 05:32:36 pm »

Not sure about actual mouse controls but these keyboard commands work well:

Up/Down arrow = 5 point change
Option + Up/Down arrow = 1 point change
Shift + Up/Down arrow = 20 point change

Also works with = key (plus) and - key (minus)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:05:50 pm by Chris Sanderson »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:32:08 pm »

I am editing on a new Mac Book Pro and find it a bit more alien than I was expecting compared to Windows 7. 
Something else that may ease transition from Windows is to go to Settings/Keyboard/Modifier Keys and swap the Command and Control keys with each other. This not only makes shortcuts more like what you are used to, but is a lot more ergonomic too. Whilst there you can also turn Caps Lock key off, something that's quite tricky to do in Windows.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Evanford

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 11:30:54 am »

Thanks for the replies.  I guess I am going to have to get used to using the keyboard a little more.

One more question regarding printing.  I have custom profiles for one of my papers.  I moved the profile to the mac and Lightroom sees it for soft proofing, etc..   In the print driver I select the usual media type but for color matching it seems I am defaulted to 'colorsync' with another option of 'canon matching' greyed out.  I would have thought there would have been a third option of 'none' which I would have used.  Is 'colorsync' the correct choice here?  I did a couple of prints and they seem to look okay.  I just want to make sure I am selecting the correct choice for custom profiles from Lightroom.

Thanks for the help, 

Evan

lfeagan

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:41:00 pm »

On Mac's there are some programs that have the slow-motion slider enabled and others that do not. For those that do, you hold down the Option (Alt) key while moving the control slider.
Lance

Nikon: D700, D800E, PC-E 24mm f/3.5D ED, PC-E 45mm f/2.8D ED, PC-E 85mm f/2.8D, 50mm f/1.4G, 14-24 f/2.8G ED, 24-70 f/2.8G ED, 70-200 f/2.8G ED VR II, 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
Fuji: X-Pro 1, 14mm f/2.8, 18mm f/2.0, 35mm f/1.4

Mac Mahon

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 09:44:41 pm »

" Is 'colorsync' the correct choice here? "

Yes.  Once you've applied the profile in LR or Photoshop Colorsync prevents the printer driver doing any other colour management. CM is effectively 'off' in Windows terms.

Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up