Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LB Color Combo  (Read 1379 times)

espressogeek

LB Color Combo
« on: September 18, 2012, 06:41:39 pm »

Hey all,
I'm planning a trip out west that will take place in a few weeks. I lost my old filter bag that had a SR LB Color Combo in it. I always enjoyed this filter but I'm wondering if I really need it for this trip out west. I'll be shooting a lot of the classic scenes around Page Az and I wonder if the warming and intensifying effect would be too much on that navajo sandstone? I'm upgrading to a Cokin Z holder so this filter would be 550 dollars. I really need to consider the importance of this as a result of the VERY high price.

Thanks

francois

Re: LB Color Combo
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 03:39:06 am »

Hey all,
I'm planning a trip out west that will take place in a few weeks. I lost my old filter bag that had a SR LB Color Combo in it. I always enjoyed this filter but I'm wondering if I really need it for this trip out west. I'll be shooting a lot of the classic scenes around Page Az and I wonder if the warming and intensifying effect would be too much on that navajo sandstone? I'm upgrading to a Cokin Z holder so this filter would be 550 dollars. I really need to consider the importance of this as a result of the VERY high price.

Thanks

I don't think that you'll need to warming/intensifying effects in the Southwest. This region is already very colorful, mostly red/orange/brown and you could always bump vibrance or saturation a bit in post-processing if you feel that colors are lacking. The $550 could be invested in something elseā€¦
Francois

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:46:16 am »

Just found a very old photo from Page/AZ. I've attached the Lightroom settings. No saturation or vibrance added and no filter used.
Francois

espressogeek

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:57:40 am »

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I can't see the photo.

espressogeek

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 12:24:22 pm »

I can see the photo now, the color looks very nice.

francois

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 12:40:27 pm »

I can see the photo now, the color looks very nice.

Under the right light, there not need of filters. I have many SR filters but in Page never used them although on some occasions, a polarizer could find some very limited use.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up