Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Lunar  (Read 48636 times)

heinrichvoelkel

Hasselblad Lunar
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2206278/photokina-2012-hasselblad-to-launch-mirrorless-compact-camera

this is the major disappointment of Photokina so far. now hasselblad is slapping their logo on some sony cams.

hasselbladfan

Re: Hasselblad Lunar
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:46 am »

Agree. Ugly on top of it, but that is a personal observation.

It shows on the other hand, how little money they make that they have to do this.

Jason Denning

• http://www.jasondenning.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:00:28 am »

It is essentially just an nex 7, but the good part of this is that hasselblad may design some good lenses fot the NEX, that is the one reason I have stayed away.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:02:52 am »

True.

"I have long held a desire to enable every fan of the iconic Hasselblad brand to have the opportunity to own one of our cameras. Our mission remains focused on the development of exceptional products at the very top end of the market segments in which we operate. The Lunar camera extends the ongoing partnership and cooperation strategy with leading companies around the world."
Hasselblad CEO

next year they will do tripods, bags and coffee mugs.

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:13 am »

but the good part of this is that hasselblad may design some good lenses fot the NEX

i think they rely on Schneider to do this http://photorumors.com/2012/09/17/schneider-kreuznach-announced-three-micro-four-thirds-lenses/

Mr. Rib

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:25 am »

CaNikon take over MF market share gradually, step by step and Phase One at least has the backs so they can survive somehow.. so Hassy guys thought over and over what can they offer to survive.. and what did they come up with? now they will be selling the TRADEMARK. hats off, clap, clap
Victor is rolling in his grave..

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:05:48 am »

design_freak

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 09:59:10 am »

I can say only

WOW  ;D
Best regards,
DF

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:14:37 am »

I understand that the native program for Raw files are Phocus 2.7  8)
Best regards,
DF

alban

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:20:43 am »

There will be nothing NEW this Photokina and this is the proof...

ondebanks

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

I'm finding it impossible to reconcile these two statements from that article:

"a camera embracing traditional Hasselblad state-of-the-art image capture"

and

"both compact E-mount and the larger professional A-mount lenses," produced by Sony...The camera will borrow most of its features from Sony's NEX 7 camera, such as its APS-C 24.3-megapixel sensor, the Bionz processor, the Tru-Finder OLED viezfinder, as well as the ultra-bright high-definition three-inch swivel display."

So Sony lenses + Sony sensor + Sony processor + Sony viewfinder + Sony LCD = "traditional Hasselblad state-of-the-art image capture"

???

Ray

Jason Denning

• http://www.jasondenning.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 10:31:59 am »

Looking at the pictures online a bit more, it almost looks like there could be an NEX-7 body hiding beneath the Carbon fibre and gold, that wouldn't be a bad mark up for what would essentially be a leaky underwater housing.

The grip does look aewsome though, but something you could probably buy as an accessory for the nex soon enough.....maybe someone in china has the wood mills working right now.

Emilmedia

• Emilmedia.se
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 10:38:57 am »

Reminds me of the Leica (erhm Panasonic) compact cameras

FredBGG

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2012, 10:52:48 am »

It is essentially just an nex 7, but the good part of this is that hasselblad may design some good lenses fot the NEX, that is the one reason I have stayed away.

Hasselblad does not really design lenses. They do have form what they have said one lens designer.... it takes far more than one lens designer to compete with today's top
lens manufacturers.

FredBGG

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 10:59:07 am »

This announcement is really sad and reveals what is really going on with the Ventiz venture capital purchase of Hasselblad.

They are simply going to cash in on the brand and try to make money selling other peoples cameras with a higher price tag
just for the name and playing games with the skin of the camera.

Those designs look horrible.

The announcement is also funny.... all this hullaballoo to announce that they are dressing up Sony cameras and all they have is
a few drawings.

design_freak

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 11:25:16 am »

I agree with everything except that the camera is ugly.
This camera is  ahead of our time. Hasselblad's first camera was as modern. This is come back to roots. (Certainly in terms of approach to the design)
I am sure they will find many buyers. It may not be what I expected. But I like it.

8)
Best regards,
DF

FredBGG

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 11:35:55 am »

I agree with everything except that the camera is ugly.
This camera is  ahead of our time. Hasselblad's first camera was as modern. This is come back to roots. (Certainly in terms of approach to the design)
I am sure they will find many buyers. It may not be what I expected. But I like it.

8)

Looks are subjective, but I think they are going the wrong way. The trend has been towards a more retro time tested functional design.
More the look of a tool and instrument. I find that the current drawings look no more than a pimped up NEX.

Also I can just imaging in the stores. Hasselblad and a Sony NEX. The Hasselblad all pimped up and with a look that will be subjective.
On the other hand the Sony with it's more functional and neutral design and most likely way less expensive. I think we all know what is going to sell more.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:22 am »

Very seriously, I think something real bad is happening to the medium format industry. This totally lunatic project from the world's leader of digital medium format crushes my hopes for the survival of this media. A glorified avant-garde Nex 7 for $6k? If this is one Hasselblad's important announcement at the most prestigious show on earth their survival as a camera maker (or possibly just as a brand) is fuzzy. MF is already doomed. It is just a matter of time. My money will go somewhere else.

Meanwhile, I think the Leica M is the most exciting announcement at Photokina this year. The amazing Leica lenses in complicity with a 24 mp sensor and LV focusing, may well be even closer to MF quality than the D800.

It used to be only Canikon. Now we can add Leica. Nice threesome!

:o
Eduardo
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:09:12 pm by uaiomex »

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 11:55:50 am »

This is pure exploitation of the Hasselblad's brand capital - a classic move by short sighted MBA types who don't plan to be in it for the long haul.  HB built this capital up over many generations and the sad thing is that once this capital is spent, it's gone forever.
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up