Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Lunar  (Read 48708 times)

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
Re: Hasselblad Lunar
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2012, 04:43:56 am »

I think that this "Lunar Madness" its only target to emerging markets like CHINA/INDIA/RUSSIA with New Fat Wallets Rich's people who just want to show off with the most expensive Camera / watch / Car in there hands !
Maybe this wil became a good thing to us, really people/professionals with passion for the best technical tools, because this can give a big boost in incoming cash from this segment and the Hasselblad can give us in the future the best DMF H6D with cheap prices, and don´t need to pay for 250$ for a lithium battery or charger...

Hasselblad its my love brand, and historical made several revolutions in this segment, but we need to understand that the photomarket its now very very different and some marketing choices have to be done for the survive of every brand !!!
The Leica have done this with panasonic re-brand and money come !!!

I dont like the Lunar Camera, but i would like to see a rich geek with a 5000$ rebrand hasselblad, and thinking -  "great ! people like you are giving the money for R&D for my next H6D" !!!!

design_freak

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2012, 11:28:13 am »

Best regards,
DF

hasselbladfan

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2012, 11:59:56 am »

I would be OK to give the H5D a design award, but surely not this.

And we were dreaming of a digital XPan !!

FredBGG

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2012, 12:33:24 pm »

The new Hasselblad Lunar camera wins its first award ...

http://htv.hasselblad.com/video/digit-photokina-2012-star-award-hasselblad-lunar?current-channel=all-channels

German magazine, 'digit!', the professional magazine for digital image makers, awards the Hasselblad Lunar camera with the photokina 2012 Star Award for 'Highlight of photokina 2012'.

Yea... it was f@#king hysterical....

design_freak

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:06 pm »

I was expecting another rebranding, the X-PRO1.
 Of course, digital X-Pan is a product that many have been waiting for. On the other hand, I wonder if the limited edition of "X-Pan" would not be a solution for today. (analog) I am convinced that it would sell very well. Certainly the elimination of lead would be much cheaper than the creation of a digital camera.
Best regards,
DF

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:34 pm »

I think that this "Lunar Madness" its only target to emerging markets like CHINA/INDIA/RUSSIA with New Fat Wallets Rich's people who just want to show off with the most expensive Camera / watch / Car in there hands !...

Indeed!

Golden cars on Moscow streets

From the article:

This Porsche 911 turbo is also from Russia. His owner was not satisfied with the auto at the cost of $200.000 and he decided to cover it with golden plates. Twenty kilograms of pure gold was spent on this Porsche 911 tuning. But even this seemed not enough to the owner and the famous Russian designer Denis Simachiev used Russian traditions in the design of this model having painted it with gold using Khokhloma method. The cost of this unique auto is not being told to public.

FredBGG

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

All these comments about stupid rich people buying the Lunar are off the mark in my opinion.

The very rich are not stupid. The current world economy is not a "hicks in the oil rush" economy.

The new rich are manufacturers, designers and bankers.

Do people really think that stores are going to sell these cameras to the ever dwindeling list of clients with deep pockets only to have them come back and say that a friend told them that it's an inexpensive NEX that has been pimped up.

For a 10 percent higher price... well that would be a different story, but the numbers at that price would not do the trick.

While Hasselblad is a respected name to high end enthusiasts and pros it is not a known brand among the general public.

We are not talking about Dior or Lous Vitton.

Why the hell do you think Hasselblad had to make the Ferrari versions.... actually because outside of a small clique Hasselblad means almost nothing.

Leica on the other hand having made "necklaces" for years... (lovely small cameras) they have been seen around far more.

Also another big difference is that the Leica has more of an artists aura while Hasselblad has more of a commercial/pro photographer aura.
The rich do invest in art far more than they buy into pretending to be a pro.

Then the biggest flaw in Hasselblad/Ventiz's plan is that it would take no time at all for Nikon, Fuji, Canon to make "luxury" cameras dressed by the big New York, Milan and Paris designers.

FredBGG

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2012, 12:59:44 pm »

Indeed!

Golden cars on Moscow streets

From the article:

This Porsche 911 turbo is also from Russia. His owner was not satisfied with the auto at the cost of $200.000 and he decided to cover it with golden plates. Twenty kilograms of pure gold was spent on this Porsche 911 tuning. But even this seemed not enough to the owner and the famous Russian designer Denis Simachiev used Russian traditions in the design of this model having painted it with gold using Khokhloma method. The cost of this unique auto is not being told to public.

This is a totally different thing.
This is a one off custom job, but it is also has intrinsic value. Gold remains gold.
On the other hand anyone dumb enough to buy a pimped up overpriced Lunar will be able to get one.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:51 pm »

... clients with deep pockets only to have them come back and say that a friend told them that it's an inexpensive NEX that has been pimped up.

For a 10 percent higher price... well that would be a different story...

You, Sir, apparently do not understand fully the nouveau riche mentality. Perhaps a joke could explain it better:

Two "noviy Russkiy" (i.e., nouveau riche in Russian) drink at a bar and one brags to another that he just paid $1,000 for his new tie. The other is utterly bemused: "Are you crazy!!! Why would you pay $1,000 for a tie!? I know a place where you can get the same tie for $5,000." ;D

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2012, 01:11:23 pm »

I'm not one but recognize the very well off have different tastes and rationale for purchase that appears outwardly to have no logic fiscally.   I'm not saying a Lunar makes sense to me at all, and certainly don't expect to see someone carrying this around the streets, but maybe on the opening night of the opera or the Grammys?
Rolleiflex USA

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2012, 01:12:28 pm »

http://htv.hasselblad.com/video/digit-photokina-2012-star-award-hasselblad-lunar?current-channel=all-channels

This is astounding!  I wonder if Ventiz paid for this?
Rolleiflex USA

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »

I love Hasselblad, and maybe now after 2 days of the "Lunar" my feelings  its like my 6 years old kid, i allways forget its mistakes...that its a part of growing...

FredBGG

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:53 pm »

The biggest problem with Hasselblad's Lunar project is this...

They think they have a market because of the status symbol effect.

The real problem is that when Mr or Mrs. Status symbol pull out the camera the nearest camera enthusiast will quickly point out that it
is a NEX that is re-branded and that the NEX is available for 1/6th of the price and is lighter, smaller and better looking.

Then what you have is a pissed off camera customer with beep pockets going back to the store and kicking up all hell.

So in conclusion the real problem is that camera stores will not want to sell these cameras.

Camera stores prefer to nurture customers with deep pockets. They will also far prefer to sell the customer a new Sony RX1 and a Nikon D800
seeding for additional sales of lenses, accessories and more... all at the same price as the Lunar.

Codger

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »

For weeks leading up to the actual unveiling of this "lunacy," I kept reading about a mirror-less camera with a sensor much larger than "just" full-frame.  Is it possible there will be another shoe dropping in the near future?

design_freak

Best regards,
DF

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website

NikoJorj

• http://nikojorj.free.fr/
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »

Good for them, because they are already facing competition :
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/09/product-announcement-lensrentals-looney
(via TOP)
Nicolas from Grenoble
A small gallery

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00:22 pm »

Great idea.   I write from the Monaco Yacht Show.   Ever visited it?  There is a large well-heeled market for "prestige" products of all kinds, something Leica has addressed more effectively that Hasselblad to date.  Medium format digital is a tiny niche market, whereas a luxury product like this will sit well on the seat of a Bugatti or on board a yacht.  Just like some of the yachts I have been privileged to visit today.
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

alban

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:15 pm »

Tocno!! Funy! Maybe Hasselblad can make that Porches' wooden door handles

heinrichvoelkel

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:44 pm »

The problem is not making products which sell to more people or rather other people than pro's, but you should do this within the boundaries of your brands heritage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up