Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Social Media for Photographers  (Read 2447 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Social Media for Photographers
« on: September 17, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »

If your mind is attuned t

RFPhotography

Re: Social Media for Photographers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 08:33:07 am »

The many and glaring grammatical errors aside, it looks like it could be an interesting series.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 01:00:50 pm »

God, it all sounds like so much hard work!

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:38:33 pm »

Just what photography needed.  More waffle and bonding and less wonderful pictures.

Fips

• some unrelated photos on flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 04:10:50 am »

"I currently have just short of 2,000,000 followers on Google+, 126,000 on Facebook, 2,734 on Twitter, 788 followers on Instagram and so on and so forth."

Walter, my thoughts exactly. Also, I find the idea of 2 million people 'following' me rather creepy.

WalterEG

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:34 pm »

Yes Fips,

For me, photography is a quite solitary endeavour.  Even in a studio full of art directors, stylists and assorted hangers-on, I shut all else out and simply connect with myself.  If it is personal work I have the added solitude to allow me to explore the more obscure recesses of my mind.  The act of photography is at once a need and a pleasure, not to mention a therapy and a shelter.

Why would I want to sully the craft I have been blessed with by marketing myself to a multitude of followers who are just looking for the next new fad to clamour around?

As has been indicated elsewhere I even have my doubts about the true worth of forums such as this.  For most of my career there was no internet or forums and people managed to do amazing work without need to fraternise.

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:01:12 am »

Yes Fips,

For me, photography is a quite solitary endeavour.  Even in a studio full of art directors, stylists and assorted hangers-on, I shut all else out and simply connect with myself.  If it is personal work I have the added solitude to allow me to explore the more obscure recesses of my mind.  The act of photography is at once a need and a pleasure, not to mention a therapy and a shelter.

Why would I want to sully the craft I have been blessed with by marketing myself to a multitude of followers who are just looking for the next new fad to clamour around?

As has been indicated elsewhere I even have my doubts about the true worth of forums such as this.  For most of my career there was no internet or forums and people managed to do amazing work without need to fraternise.

True, but when you live in a cultural (photographic) desert, as do I, then any forum for exchanges of opinion on the topic are welcome just as long as the opinions expressed are polite and informed.

As you know, we've shared several forums in the past, and I inevitably end up leaving because of some unhappiness brought about through argument or literary violence. Do you remember the BJP of some years ago?

I just hope that this doesn't happen here on LuLa, because then I think I'd just close off from the rest of this world altogether. But hey, that might result in more and better shots...

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up