Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printer on UPS?  (Read 1091 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Printer on UPS?
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:07:34 pm »

I leave my 7900 on all the time so that I can use the Harvey Head Cleaner program to run nozzle checks on a regular basis. We have been having a lot of brief (few second) power outages here lately. Is this a problem for the printer? Is is feasible to put this printer on a UPS?

fetish

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Printer on UPS?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:20:32 pm »

In addition to the comments on the linked article, a good voltage regulator will also greatly exceed the protection ability of a typical power surge strip. It’s not as good as using a UPS as a UPS insures a degree of use during short time outages, but it will do a great job at protecting the electronics.

I use voltage regulators throughout offices where power interruptions are normal http://www.apc.com/products/family/?id=67  Adding these has made for a 100% reduction of electronic failures resulting from the spike that occurs when the power comes back on, or if there is another reason for a line surge. Before adding voltage regulators, the office would see 3-8 failures per year immediately after a power outage. After adding these, the incidence dropped to 0 for the last 5 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up