Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: September  (Read 1102 times)

sdwilsonsct

September
« on: September 15, 2012, 08:33:16 am »

Thanks for looking!

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: September
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:04:55 am »

The first is lovely but I think I'd clone out the vertical stem to the left of the leaves; and the second shows a nice contrast between colour at the bottom and a monochrome sky.

Jeremy

francois

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:55:00 am »

I'd vote for the second photo... Love the sky with the fall colors. I also like the last one, the warm light against the stone wall is sweet.
Francois

Isaac

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 10:08:05 pm »

Extinguished.jpg -- to me, something about the background vegetation seems noisy and distracting (maybe someone will mention bokeh, or looking at the lines along those light gray twigs maybe it's something to do with post-processing).

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 03:57:22 am »

Thank you to everyone.

Jeremy: your comments are both about things I had not noticed: very useful.

Francois: capturing this colour has been challenging because of the leaves are small and spread out. That rock wall was facing a muted sunset, and is copper ore, hewn by hand, that has been waiting a century to be hauled away. It was stacked neatly so that the volume mined could be measured and the miners paid. I think about this when I think that my job is hard.

Isaac: there was of course a balance in DOF, blurring the green and keeping the fireweed leaves in focus even though they have a lot of depth. I'll revisit the background.

francois

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:49 am »

Thank you to everyone.

Jeremy: your comments are both about things I had not noticed: very useful.

Francois: capturing this colour has been challenging because of the leaves are small and spread out. That rock wall was facing a muted sunset, and is copper ore, hewn by hand, that has been waiting a century to be hauled away. It was stacked neatly so that the volume mined could be measured and the miners paid. I think about this when I think that my job is hard.

Isaac: there was of course a balance in DOF, blurring the green and keeping the fireweed leaves in focus even though they have a lot of depth. I'll revisit the background.

Thanks Scott,
This is very interesting information about mining.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up