Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad sell or keep?  (Read 12017 times)

Chrismurphy215

Hasselblad sell or keep?
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »

I'm looking for some information.  I have a Hasselblad 500CM that I am thinking of selling.  I have two film backs, 3 lenses (60mm, 80mm and a 120mm), polaroid back, filter holder along with filters.  I am having focusing issues where the focusing screen is going black and making it nearly impossible to focus.  I love macro work and this is what I want to work on but am spending too much time on focusing! 

My questions are:
1. If I sell, would this set be worth more than a $1,000?
2. Are there digital backs that would fit on this body?
3. If I keep it, how can I resolve the focusing issue? (my screen is a grid with the center split magnification circle)

Any input would be appreciated.

Chris

tc95

Re: Hasselblad sell or keep?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »

I have not used one of these camera....first the digital backs...yes...you can...the PhaseOne LightPhase which is a 6mp back that has to be tethered to use...would be fine with the camera...I have one for sale for $450.00....second...the black focusing screen..is your DOF stuck on...??? if that is not the case...get yourself a cheap LED ring light to put at the front of the lens....you can pick-up a cheapy from ebay for about 40USD...this will give light at the front of the lens...which in turn should make the prisim less...dark..just the nature of split-prisms and low light situations...

The type of back you want is a Hasselblad V digital back....

Hope this helps some....Tony C.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:44 am »

if the camera is in a good shape, it should bring 600-800 usd. Each lens in good shape is also about 500 usd. I assume this are the black CF lenses, not the previous silver ones of the 500C. If not sure, send me a picture.

Is your whole screen going black or only the middle (1 inch)?

There are many digital backs youc an put on it. Try to find a CFV16 or a CFV22 from Hasselblad. It looks like a fim back, with a Sony battery attached at the bottom.

Let me know if you need more help.

Royaldream

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:24 pm »

I have a question, i have 500Cm and have a chance to get the lightphase 6mp for $300 tomorrow. how can i use strobe flash with light phase and body? what is the Max speed can i shoot with strobe and DB?
Thanks

Alpenhause

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:47:37 pm »

The strobe will work just fine at any shutter speed on the Hasselblad.

The digital back will be fine as well, I could not imagine a digital back made for a Hasselblad having any kind of limitations as far as a strobe is concerned, You would have heard ghastly screams from miles away by many if the digital back for Hasselblad did not work fully with a strobe.

adnankarim

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:16 pm »

Hi

I recently bought a phase one light phase and attached to my Hasselblad 500C/M for the first time.  I am using the Capture one pro 9 to take pictures.  The software has recognized the digital back and power is coming.  But there is no lens detection as its a manual lens.  I used the sync cable from the back to the lens as well.  How do I take pictures with this?

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 04:22:52 am »

Realize, too, that nearly every digital back for a Hasselblad "V" will be a crop, either a smaller square or even smaller rectangle. this may be fine for your macro work, but an issue if you shoot wider angle lenses.

I would also agree that it appears that your DOF/lens stopdown lever is engaged and if you open the lens up, you will again see the light!
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up