Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad sell or keep?  (Read 9407 times)

Chrismurphy215

Hasselblad sell or keep?
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:09:13 PM »

I'm looking for some information.  I have a Hasselblad 500CM that I am thinking of selling.  I have two film backs, 3 lenses (60mm, 80mm and a 120mm), polaroid back, filter holder along with filters.  I am having focusing issues where the focusing screen is going black and making it nearly impossible to focus.  I love macro work and this is what I want to work on but am spending too much time on focusing! 

My questions are:
1. If I sell, would this set be worth more than a $1,000?
2. Are there digital backs that would fit on this body?
3. If I keep it, how can I resolve the focusing issue? (my screen is a grid with the center split magnification circle)

Any input would be appreciated.

Chris

tc95

Re: Hasselblad sell or keep?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

I have not used one of these camera....first the digital backs...yes...you can...the PhaseOne LightPhase which is a 6mp back that has to be tethered to use...would be fine with the camera...I have one for sale for $450.00....second...the black focusing screen..is your DOF stuck on...??? if that is not the case...get yourself a cheap LED ring light to put at the front of the lens....you can pick-up a cheapy from ebay for about 40USD...this will give light at the front of the lens...which in turn should make the prisim less...dark..just the nature of split-prisms and low light situations...

The type of back you want is a Hasselblad V digital back....

Hope this helps some....Tony C.

hasselbladfan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:44 AM »

if the camera is in a good shape, it should bring 600-800 usd. Each lens in good shape is also about 500 usd. I assume this are the black CF lenses, not the previous silver ones of the 500C. If not sure, send me a picture.

Is your whole screen going black or only the middle (1 inch)?

There are many digital backs youc an put on it. Try to find a CFV16 or a CFV22 from Hasselblad. It looks like a fim back, with a Sony battery attached at the bottom.

Let me know if you need more help.

dreidesq

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 04:11:57 AM »

I am actually looking for a 500cm though would only want the 80mm lens and the back.

Let me know if your interested in parting with it.

Regards
David

Royaldream

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

I have a question, i have 500Cm and have a chance to get the lightphase 6mp for $300 tomorrow. how can i use strobe flash with light phase and body? what is the Max speed can i shoot with strobe and DB?
Thanks

Alpenhause

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 02:47:37 PM »

The strobe will work just fine at any shutter speed on the Hasselblad.

The digital back will be fine as well, I could not imagine a digital back made for a Hasselblad having any kind of limitations as far as a strobe is concerned, You would have heard ghastly screams from miles away by many if the digital back for Hasselblad did not work fully with a strobe.

adnankarim

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »

Hi

I recently bought a phase one light phase and attached to my Hasselblad 500C/M for the first time.  I am using the Capture one pro 9 to take pictures.  The software has recognized the digital back and power is coming.  But there is no lens detection as its a manual lens.  I used the sync cable from the back to the lens as well.  How do I take pictures with this?

langier

• Celebrating Rural America and beyond
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 04:22:52 AM »

Realize, too, that nearly every digital back for a Hasselblad "V" will be a crop, either a smaller square or even smaller rectangle. this may be fine for your macro work, but an issue if you shoot wider angle lenses.

I would also agree that it appears that your DOF/lens stopdown lever is engaged and if you open the lens up, you will again see the light!
Larry Angier
ASMP, NAPP, ACT, and many more!

Webmaster, RANGE magazine
Editor emeritus, NorCal Quarterly

web--http://www.angier-fox.photoshelter.com
facebook--larry.angier
twitter--#larryangier
google+LarryAngier
Pages: [1]   Go Up