Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7880 won't print from Photoshop  (Read 2131 times)

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Epson 7880 won't print from Photoshop
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:39:46 pm »

Hi there,
I'm seeking help to solve a problem. I can't print from PS CS5 using the Epson driver. If I call (in PS) QuadTone Rip driver the printer works fine and it starts printing as usual. I just installed (or re-installed, I'm not sure) Epson's latest driver for my printer. The problem goes like this: When I hit the print button, the printer icon shows up in the dock but a few seconds later it disappears and nothing happens. The printer won't start printing.  
These is my set-up:
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Epson 7880 w/latest driver installed.
PS CS5

Please help
Eduardo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:41:31 pm by uaiomex »

All Thumbs

Re: Epson 7880 won't print from Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:16:33 am »

You've probably done the usual first step whenever something doesn't work but in case you haven't.  A reminder.

Reboot your mac.

Turn printer off and on.

remove the 7880 from the printer list in "system preferences" and add the printer back to the list.

good luck.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »

what you describe can also be caused by a serious paper size error, where you accidentally get the width/height backwards and the width exceeds the printers width.   I've also seen it when your just trying to push too much data to the printer .... a 40x60 print at 720 dpi for example ...

If all else fails you may need to delete the printer and uninstall the the epson driver and reinstall ... that solves many problems.  Be sure to reboot after the uninstall.

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:18:23 pm »

Deloof and Wayne:
I was out of town and I just had time to be at the computer. I deleted the printer from System Preferences and added it again. I printed a small 5x7 on letter size paper. I have nothing bigger to print right now. I think its solved out.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!
Eduardo

Update: Printing to whole roll size (24") No problem.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:23:18 pm by uaiomex »
Pages: [1]   Go Up