Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: H5D announced  (Read 40599 times)

shaun

Re: H5D announced
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 04:31:14 am »

Hi Pedro

Yes it was a former rep. When going for my kit I was advised there would be too much strain on the neck.

Shaun

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2012, 10:42:00 pm »

Does it take film backs like the H4X?

The HxD series does not accept HM16-32 film magazines, this includes the H5D. There was one exception, the H3D (3rd generation) accepted film magazines.
The H1, H2, H2F, H4x all accept film magazines.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:08 pm »

Hi Shaun
I presume that hasselblad make the extensions tubes mecanical compatible with all lens...there is tecnical pdf paper with all the H lens and the extensions tubes working distances,....

The 50-110mm HC will work with all three extension tubes, 13, 26 and 52mm.

The datasheet is located below.
http://www.hasselbladusa.com/media/5608/extension_tubes_metricv5.pdf

Lens booklet HC/HCD
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

FredBGG

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:20 am »

The HxD series does not accept HM16-32 film magazines, this includes the H5D. There was one exception, the H3D (3rd generation) accepted film magazines.
The H1, H2, H2F, H4x all accept film magazines.

Why did Hasselblad drop film support?
All the camera has to do is tell the film to advance and read ISO and frame number. Not exactly rocket science...

Cineski

« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2012, 11:08:24 am »

My thoughts exactly.  Especially with the big resurgence of film shooters today (myself included).  Had Hassy been more film friendly at the time I was buying, I'd have probably bought into the system instead of Contax.  And I probably would have bought a digital back at some point as well.  Hassy's internally closed system kept me out.

Why did Hasselblad drop film support?
All the camera has to do is tell the film to advance and read ISO and frame number. Not exactly rocket science...

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

Thanks again Paul Claesson !

Your picture avatar suits you very well !!! the Hasselblad Tecnical Jedi Guru !!!
I made a picture dedication to you, to express my gratitude to your time here with great tips.

Thanks Hasselblad to have dedicated folks like Paul in this foruns for tecnical support tips, that is what made great brands!
Pedro

FredBGG

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 11:26:32 pm »

To reinforce my earlier comments about The H4D launch and hasselblads BS wording...

From Hasselblad's H4D announcement:
A Hasselblad camera is not a reward for having achieved a successful career. A Hasselblad camera is the tool with which you build your successful career to begin with.
There is never any time like the present to start building for the future. And if you think 35mm is good enough for this stage of your career, then you’d better hope that your clients are also willing to settle for “good enough”. The best clients, however, are almost never willing to settle for “good enough”. And why should they, when there are photographers out there who can provide the best? And providing the best is what Hasselblad and the new H5D are all about.

Look at how the new D600 at $ 2,000 compared with the Hasselblad 50MP sensor.

The D600 is better in all these characteristics

Bigger is not always better...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:31:00 pm by FredBGG »

Kitty

• http://
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2012, 11:42:56 pm »

I believe what my eyes see. MF quality is still outperform DSLR just not as flexible as small format.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:56 pm »

Yes, agreed, the DXO charts don't tell the same story as my test images side by side in the studio. 
Rolleiflex USA

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 01:20:35 am »

So Fred are you dumping your D800 to get a $2000 D600?
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

FredBGG

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 02:01:23 am »

So Fred are you dumping your D800 to get a $2000 D600?

Nope. D800 is here to stay.

I am looking for a Schneider Symmar-S 480mm though. Need a back up one. For now I only have a second Copal 3 shutter.. just incase.

But let me know when you have a real time live view back that is 6x8. 20 to 30 mp would be fine ;)

I have several Fuji gx680 cameras waiting for one

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 02:35:56 am »

Hi Fred, sorry but before you look at any charts, you have to try a Hassy H3D 22 or 39MP...everything that the people say here about DMF i discovered...and its true !
In the beginning of this year i want to invest 6000$ in a new system ( i have been a canon profissional shooter for 10years) and i was divided ( Nikon d800 Vs DMF)
I had the luck of had a Hasselblad H3D 22MP for 2 mouths, and when i came from the 1º day and open the raw files in my 30"......i was just blow way !!! Its true, the DMF have a something special...the light, the DOF its diferent.

Here is one of the 1ºs pictures that a shoot in DMF and change forever my opinion about 35mm Vs Big Sensors, its a simple pic with no great composition or theme, but the way the Hassy capture de light in the body of the lady, and the DOF, IT WAS GAME CHANGER FOR ME...

AND I REALLY DON´T CARE OF NOT HAVING ISO ABOVE 200, LIVE VIEW, GOOD LCD,  ETC !!! i return home with a tripod height back pains...with few images, BUT they are MAGIC ! and i forget any negatives points about the DMF vs 35mm....

And the H system lens !!! just whow...

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:44:59 am by pedro39photo »

chaosphere

• matias antoniassi photography
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:46 am »

pedro, what was the lens on this image ? I see exif "max aperture f2.8 and 50mm"...
Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com

pedro39photo

• PedroNunesPhoto
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:24 am »

It was a 50-110mm, with H3D 22MP on a Monopod.
Thanks

chaosphere

• matias antoniassi photography
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 09:53:22 am »

ok thanks ! it's strange what my exif viewer tells that max aperture is f2.83 !!
Matías Antoniassi
www.matantoniassi.com

TMARK

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04:37 am »

Fred is looking out for the kids.  I totally agree.  When I was based in New York shooting I often received questions about gear from 21 year olds.  They were living tenement style in Bushwyck, drinking PBR and eating ramen noodles, barely paying their phone bills.  They are all convinced they need a MFD solution to shoot unpaid fashion editorials, so they can make it big in above the line advertising campaigns.  The big bucks big megapixel camara is, they tell me, the hall pass to success.

I call bullshit on that.  I advise them that they can get their book together on a shoestring, partner with good people who are also building their book, buy the cheapest full frame 35 digital camera or better yet, buy an RZ and three lenses.  Buy both for less than $2k, used.  In NYC you can find $4 a roll 120 C41 processing and $15 an hour X1 scanner time.  If you need a DMF rent it for $500 a day and charge back to the client.  Spend the money on production, lighting.  I'd rather shoot a D200 with good lighting and high production values than an H5D-60 wiith bad lighting, bad makeup, wrong location, etc.

This is not a knock on MFD.  If you can afford it along with quality production, go for it.  The files are really nice under certain conditions.  This is the reality of this increasingly unprofitable business, in spite of Blad's ad copy about True Professionals Shoot MFD.  Since I work in adverstising now, doing strategy, in fact, I can visualize the white board in the Brand Strategist's office.  It goes soemthng like this: 

Challenge:  35mm is good, or at least good enough for most purposes.  Shrinking market.  Reality:  Tight economy produces insecurity.  MFD can be very different in look.  Message:  MFD is PROFESSIONAL, gives a leg up on competition.  MFD is super high quality.  Hasselblad = artists camera, professional camera.  MFD = higher profit because you will be better positioned to get above the line ad jobs.  35mm not only lets down your client, who will never hire you again, but is also a betrayal of yourself.

So if you are ust starting out, or even a few years into it, be wise with your cash.  If you can't make it as a pro shooter with a 35mm solution, you won't have better luck with a MFD solution.  It will be the same, just biger and with more shadow noise.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I'm not attacking MF.  I just feel terrible for these kids who meet financial ruin in their quest to be commercial shooters.  If you are a commercial shooter, choose what you want.  You know your business, your style, etc.  If you are a landscape guy and can afford it, rock on. 

ghoonk

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2013, 10:44:42 am »

The 40mp has the capability for a 4 minute 16 second exposure with no additional black calibration required.
The long exposure limitation is not that due to lack of demand but to the image quality that Hasselblad expects to deliver to its customers.

Shutter speed range
H4D/H5D40: 256 sec. to 1/800 second
H4D/H5D50: 128 sec. to 1/800 second
H4D/H5D60: 32 sec. to 1/800 second

The 4 min 16s exposure with no black calibration produces red and blue artifacts that are several pixels tall and a royal pain to remove. I don't even get this with my Fuji X100 shot at 15 minutes due to the subtractive dark slide. Much as I love my H system, I really wish Hasselblad would offer cleaner files at 4 min 16s. That's the image quality I expect as a customer. I shouldn't be coming to a point where I'm looking to move to a H4X and a P45+ back in order to get the files I want.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2013, 11:51:46 am »

If you need P45+ sample files for long exposure let me know. They are very high quality at far beyond 4 minutes. The dark frame subtraction is non-optional, but the results are fantastic.

design_freak

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2013, 02:00:18 pm »

hard to believe   ;)
using Phocus or adobe ?
Could you show us these files ?

Best regards,
DF
Best regards,
DF

Nick-T

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

The 4 min 16s exposure with no black calibration produces red and blue artifacts that are several pixels tall and a royal pain to remove. I don't even get this with my Fuji X100 shot at 15 minutes due to the subtractive dark slide. Much as I love my H system, I really wish Hasselblad would offer cleaner files at 4 min 16s. That's the image quality I expect as a customer. I shouldn't be coming to a point where I'm looking to move to a H4X and a P45+ back in order to get the files I want.

This goes against what I have seen.. See this thread:

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/14851-h4d-40-%40100-iso-3-minutes-plus.html

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up