Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange iProfiler profile results in LR and Photoshop (blacks turn blue)  (Read 2487 times)

GeoffM

• http://

I just created a set of profiles for Epson Premium Lustre 260 on my 7900. I used a 2400 patch set, and created D50 and D65 Colorful and Saturation profiles using iProfiler (1.3.2).

The profiles look OK when I view them in PM5 gamut view against the Epson supplied profile (the iProfile profile has better gamut in the reds and blues), but when I use any of the iProfiler profiles in Lightroom or Photoshop, any areas near black (pretty much anything less than about 6% RGB in Lightroom) are turning a strange shade of light blue. This happens with both Relative and Perceptual settings. I've verified color management is off in the printer driver and using the Epson profile I don't have the problem - it only happens with the iProfiler versions. Soft-proofing with the iProfiler profiles in LR or Photoshop looks normal - no problems at all in the black areas.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this, or what I may have done wrong?

Thanks,

Geoff

GeoffM

• http://
Re: Strange iProfiler profile results in LR and Photoshop (blacks turn blue)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:28:12 pm »

I had this great idea about printing the image out of LR to a file so I could show everyone what the "bad" profile looked like, and guess what? The file looked fine. It was only messed up when I actually printed the image. So I checked and, you guessed it, 100% clogged PK nozzle. Mystery solved.

Sigh. Sometimes it's the simple stuff that bites you.

Geoff

Jalok

Re: Strange iProfiler profile results in LR and Photoshop (blacks turn blue)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »

I had this great idea about printing the image out of LR to a file so I could show everyone what the "bad" profile looked like, and guess what? The file looked fine. It was only messed up when I actually printed the image. So I checked and, you guessed it, 100% clogged PK nozzle. Mystery solved.

Sigh. Sometimes it's the simple stuff that bites you.

Geoff

I'd just like to add an important information. Sometimes when I leave the printer off for some days, specially in those periods of low humidity (afternoons of 30% or less), even when nozzle tests show everything 100% ok, it's possible to see some color cast. Fortunately, a single cleaning cycle is enough to recover the profiled color balance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up