Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS6 ruler tool straighten?  (Read 3516 times)

sniper

CS6 ruler tool straighten?
« on: September 09, 2012, 11:28:56 am »

I notice that the auto straighten and crop option no longer works with the ruler tool in cs6, is there any way of getting it back?.  I know it can be done in the crop tool but it's a PITA having to change the habits of years of using the same tool, and to be honest I'm not impressed with the "new" crop tool anyway.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: CS6 ruler tool straighten?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

I notice that the auto straighten and crop option no longer works with the ruler tool in cs6, is there any way of getting it back?.  I know it can be done in the crop tool but it's a PITA having to change the habits of years of using the same tool, and to be honest I'm not impressed with the "new" crop tool anyway.

Hi,

I'm not sure what auto straighten and crop option/behavior you are looking for, but drawing a line with the ruler tool still allows to do an 'Image|Image rotation|Arbitrary...' rotation which will straighten horizontals or verticals and also enlarges the canvas. In addition, the ruler tool offers its own 'Straighten Layer' button which maintains the original canvas size. To reveal all of the original image one uses the 'Image|Reveal all' menu command.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

sniper

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:12:05 am »

In earlier versions draging the ruler tool and clicking straighten would rotate and crop the image (removing the unwanted white area) now it just rotates the image adding the blank canvas.
Thanks for the reply

sniper

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:37:22 am »

Update, it seems this feature was removed with CS6, it's now only available in the crop tool.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 05:10:39 am »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for, but you know you can go into crop, then hold PC: Ctrl / Mac:Cmd and then drag a ruler-like line?

sniper

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:59:52 pm »

You used to be able to do the same with just the ruler tool, you didn't have to go into crop first.   It's just a pain having to change the way I do things, and I don't like the new crop tool much either. Looks like I'm stuck with though, or go back to cs5.
Pages: [1]   Go Up