Should there be two (or more) sections within For Sale

Yes
- 1 (50%)
No
- 1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: November 25, 2015, 10:04:50 am

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Suggestion: Split "For Sale" Category -- (1) Cameras/Lenses and (2) Other  (Read 1463 times)

darlingm

• Westland Printworks

It seems to me like the overwhelming majority of items in the For Sale category are cameras and lenses.  That's fantastic for photographers.  It also seems to me like most of the members are photographers, and most of the site is geared toward photographers.  That's all great, and I'm not complaining about that.  Just pointing out that there are members who aren't photographers, and for us, the For Sale category requires picking through a lot of things we have no need for.  I'll point out the same goes for members who are photographers, but have no current need for purchasing cameras or lenses.

I think it would be a great idea to split the "For Sale" category into "For Sale - Cameras/Lenses" and "For Sale - Other".  It would be a lot easier to find the more rare post about printers, ink, canvas stretchers, framing equipment, monitors, calibration devices etc.  I think it would also increase how many of those items were sold, as more people could easily find them.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 08:29:51 pm by darlingm »
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

darlingm

• Westland Printworks
Re: Forum Suggestion: Split "For Sale" Category
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 08:29:16 pm »

Bump!  Not sure this ever got seen by an admin, and I still think it's a great idea.
Mike • Westland Printworks
Fine Art Printing • Amazing Artwork Reproduction • Photography
http://www.westlandprintworks.com • (734) 255-9761

brianrybolt

I think this is a very poor idea.  If you want non photographic gear, go to eBay, craig list or any of the other lists that are out there.

Brian

Colorado David

I don't have an opinion on this, but I think what he's suggesting is to separate cameras and lenses from other photographic gear such as strobes and printers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up