Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Window  (Read 816 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Display Window
« on: September 06, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »

This one needs to stay in color for its full effect.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Display Window
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:37 pm »

Can you get rid of that rail on the ceiling? And the dark matter in the upper righthand corner? Otherwise, quite graphical (a compliment).

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »

I agree about the fluoro tube and the downpipe Russ.  Dare I suggest that a crop might do it AND add to the dialogue between the two mannequins.

Well spotted.

And speaking of spots:  what are the little white spots all over the image?  I do hope they are not hot pixels.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:39:25 pm »

Okay, first, as the title implies, I made this shot through a window, which wasn't all that clean. That's where some of Walter's spots came from. In the "woman's" hair the spots come from stray hairs that became catchlights for the out-of-sight spotlight on her hair.

I hear what you're saying, Slobodan, but to me the rail on the ceiling, the brown plaid jacket, and the almost vanished duct in the upper right are important parts of the picture. The background is a bit disorienting, which fits in with the weirdness of the two figures in the foreground.

This one is from the old D3, by the way.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 09:01:55 am »

Okay, first, as the title implies, I made this shot through a window, which wasn't all that clean. That's where some of Walter's spots came from. In the "woman's" hair the spots come from stray hairs that became catchlights for the out-of-sight spotlight on her hair.

I hear what you're saying, Slobodan, but to me the rail on the ceiling, the brown plaid jacket, and the almost vanished duct in the upper right are important parts of the picture. The background is a bit disorienting, which fits in with the weirdness of the two figures in the foreground.

This one is from the old D3, by the way.

Yes, I think that retaining all the original 'stuff' gives the shot a sense of location which, in a way, adds to the strangeness of the experience.

Rob C

Brett_D

• Deutsch Photography: Wedding & Event Photographer
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:51:32 am »

I agree -- clone nothing out (except perhaps the window dots).
Pages: [1]   Go Up