Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone switch from iphone to Nokia 808 pureview?  (Read 2735 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
anyone switch from iphone to Nokia 808 pureview?
« on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:32 pm »

Hi All,
I'm contemplating ditching my iPhone for the nokia 808 pureview primarily for the idea that I can just have one device and not have to carry both a pocket camera and the iphone.  I do like the photos from the iPhone 4s but its often not quite enough.   

Just wondering if anyone has done this and has any feedback?
E
Rolleiflex USA

marcmccalmont

Re: anyone switch from iphone to Nokia 808 pureview?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:21:13 pm »

I'm in the market for a new smart phone also
any recommendations?
Thanks
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:10 am »

Hi All,
I'm contemplating ditching my iPhone for the nokia 808 pureview primarily for the idea that I can just have one device and not have to carry both a pocket camera and the iphone. I do like the photos from the iPhone 4s but its often not quite enough.   Just wondering if anyone has done this and has any feedback?
E

That's an interesting remark. I have no idea what displeases/fails you about the cellpix system you have at the moment, but on the basis that they might all suffer the same screen viewing difficulties, will any such cellpix camera be good enough for your purposes with it?

Other than the real difficulty in seeing the screen in bright light, I also realise that it's very difficult to guess how square to the subject one actually is. My attempts at shooting cars from dead ahead or behind has not yet yielded an image where there isn't an amount of distortion making the car look lopsided. Well, I do have one example of the rear of a 120 Merc SL looking good (pure chance!), but the usual result is as with the front and rear shots of this Sceptre in the illustration below, and I see no way of getting around that. I never had such problems with any slr! I can promise you that when I shot the two views referred to I really belived I was as central to the subject as I could possibly be.

Cellpix via Samsung Galaxy Ace.

Rob C

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »

Ah a Humber ... haven't seen one of those in a while. Yours?

The screen isn't the issue, just resolution and control....
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up