Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about educational Adobe software licenseing and doing a clean install.  (Read 2109 times)

Bill Koenig

I need some HELP

I'm about to do a clean install of my OS (Win7 64 Ultimate) I have 4 copy's of Adobe educational software (CS5, CS6, Lightroom 3 and Lightroom 4)
When you buy this software (I work for the University of Wisconsin) it doesn't come with a license, it comes with a coupon, and you have to go on line and give your personal info and your University ID to get your license/serial number, this also allows the software to be installed on two PC's (which I only have on one) with the restriction that you can only run it on on one PC at a time. (don't know why anyone would want to run it on both at the same time)
After endless time trying to contact Adobe free tech support, just to find out if the same license will work with the new install (last night I was on hold for over a hour, I gave up)
My Question, has anyone gone through this processes as I outlined it above, and did the same license work after doing a clean install?
Many thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 11:17:56 am by Bill Koenig »
Bill Koenig,

John.Murray

• Images by Murray

Contacting Tech support for a licensing issue will not get you anywhere.

For Photoshop if you click the Help Menu, you will see an option to De-Activate ....  You'll then have the option to suspend the activation for the particular machine you are on, or deactivate it permanently

Lightroom does not have this feature, and currently doesn't track how many machines it's been installed on.  In addition your LR license can be used on either Mac or PC

Bryan Conner

• My Flickr page

Adobe customer care on Twitter is the place to get fast responses.

Bill Koenig

Contacting Tech support for a licensing issue will not get you anywhere.

For Photoshop if you click the Help Menu, you will see an option to De-Activate ....  You'll then have the option to suspend the activation for the particular machine you are on, or deactivate it permanently

Lightroom does not have this feature, and currently doesn't track how many machines it's been installed on.  In addition your LR license can be used on either Mac or PC

John, thanks for the reply.
I'm probably worrying over nothing, and the licenses I have is just that, and should work just fine. In CS5 and CS6 I will make sure I'm on line, and just do as you as and say and deactivate it permanently, then reinstall the OS and put everything back.

Bill Koenig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up