Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Love those Vehicles!!  (Read 114872 times)

Patricia Sheley

Re: Love those Vehicles!!
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:28 pm »

— the recovered highlights have taken the sparkle and zest from the image. 

Keep in mind that the recovery need not have been globally, that the balance of how much and how much is too much could be addressed only in select areas. Had not intended it as a criticism but an observation...one of the beauties of those candy apples (and apple golds) is the depth and vivacity of their reflected light ....those areas need not have been dulled to accomplish the adjustment...

in any event the image was great for me just for the story told...Luff ;)
A common woman~

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #161 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:59 pm »

Seductive?

Cheers,
Tom Brown

WalterEG

« Reply #162 on: November 08, 2012, 05:15:04 pm »

That Commodore certainly appears to have had a somewhat magnetic attraction to something that gave it a clout, Tom.

Rob C

« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2012, 03:57:19 am »

To revive: new post!

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2012, 03:58:12 am »

Here you are, Chris.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »

As mentioned in another thread here today, I caught a sleeping Ferrari in the yacht club parking lot as I was going for my daily 'medicinal' stroll. I took my standard establishing shot, and as I prepared to move to more and greater things (I say greater because they would have to be), the Samsung cellphone informed me that there wasn't any more juice in the tin.

I obviously couldn't argue, so I pocketed the sweet thing and continued on my pissed-off walk. On my way  back, I saw some kids all over the car, snapping away with their little cellphones (do non-Scots really do irony or not?).  One had the thing pressed hard against the glass, in best paparazzo style, as demonstrated on all jail-to-court tv news sequences. Kids learn fast these days.

;-(

Rob C
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:55:10 pm by Rob C »

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2012, 05:04:49 am »

Another Italian one, less glamorous but a true old fashioned cinquecento.
The good thing is that when you put set belts in there it can double as a backpack  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:08:03 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Rob C

« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2012, 05:41:54 am »

Only Italians could be so beautifully inventive! Naturalmente.

Ciao -

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #168 on: January 01, 2013, 10:57:14 am »

Okay: only one bummer here, the Nash Metropolitan.

http://youtu.be/4KAE1LaoT0o

Open question to Messrs Ford and GM: what the hell went wrong with your sense of exotica after this golden period? Who on Earth told you that jelly-moulds were the way to go? You could simply have scaled downwards if you felt obliged...

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2013, 06:53:25 am »

Junk Yard Dog of a Chevvy Ute

Cheers,

Rob C

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »

Junk Yard Dog of a Chevvy Ute

Cheers,

Really go for that sort of image; it's amazing how even so many distracting, random and disparate elements can still be made to produce a balanced whole!

Which camera format did you work that one from, Walter?

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2013, 01:42:50 pm »

Thankjs Rob,

4x5 with a 210 mm lens and T-Max 100.

Rob C

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2013, 05:02:30 pm »

Thankjs Rob,

4x5 with a 210 mm lens and T-Max 100.

At great risk, I suggest that your foray into small cameras might be the equivalent of my own meanderings of late...?

God help us both!

;-)

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #173 on: January 13, 2013, 01:33:09 am »

Nothing smaller than 4x5 in the foreseeable for me Rob,

And, having just shunted the 8x10, nothing larger either.

The little Fuji does a more than commendable job of some commercial expectations, but it is no fun and no replacement for film.

Cheers,

W

Rob C

« Reply #174 on: January 13, 2013, 10:26:09 am »

What sort of 4x5 are you using? Those old MPP Mk6 folding things were very useful. My favourite enlarger for b/w was the equally old MPP autofocussing thing with a cold cathode head. Of course, that was in the industrial photo-unit where I first worked...

Rob C

WalterEG

« Reply #175 on: January 13, 2013, 02:37:07 pm »

What sort of 4x5 are you using?

Rob,

This one was done with the Linhof Master Technika — not unlike the MPP folding thing.  It is my 'walking-around- camera and has its advantages, but I should be so lazy and should get back to toting the Sinar out and about.  It must be an age thing to settle for the easier option.

W

Rob C

« Reply #176 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:51 pm »

Rob,

This one was done with the Linhof Master Technika — not unlike the MPP folding thing.  It is my 'walking-around- camera and has its advantages, but I should be so lazy and should get back to toting the Sinar out and about.  It must be an age thing to settle for the easier option.

W

You don't know the half of it yet!

I often set out to buy something to make for lunch, buy it, and end up in the restaurant anyway...

Rob C

Patricia Sheley

« Reply #177 on: January 13, 2013, 05:39:04 pm »

:

I often set out to buy something to make for lunch, buy it, and end up in the restaurant anyway...

Rob C
:D
A common woman~

WalterEG

« Reply #178 on: January 13, 2013, 05:54:53 pm »

I often set out to buy something to make for lunch, buy it, and end up in the restaurant anyway..

A penny for your thoughts, or actions, Rob.  I do the same.

I justify it with the belief that restaurants are about much more than simply provision and consumption of nutrients.  Is that something which is obvious only to the solitary?  I wonder.

Rob C

« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:47 am »

It's also economics. I think that a cheapish menu del dia works out less expensive than buying food, cooking it and then washing up, all of which is powered by electricity which is very expensive in Spain, and always too underpowered when you need it most. Boy, do they know how to invoice! Also, I'm no chef, despite loving good food - or perhaps because I love it I know how poor my cooking is.

Psychologically, eating out lets you know you're still alive. You see other humans and without any need to engage in pointless chat with them unless you really feel the desire. I usually don't, not because I don't like them, but because I know they have nothing to add to my life that I need or care about. It's been my misfortune to find sport, local gossip and communal booze of very little interest. In most relationships, it seems to be the lifeblood. Booze was okay when I was part of two people, one was always able to drive. Today it would kill me in no time because of heart. Drinking home alone is so, so sad. Anyway, it would still kill me doing it here.

Eating out was great as a couple - alone, I used to find it difficult at first, but now that bothers me not in the least - to be honest, I dread someone I know walking into the same place and joining me at the table.  Been through that, even changed restaurants to stop it. Can't say I ever feel particularly lonely, but I sure do feel empty, with a void nobody else can fill. Such is later life alone. I've seen it so often that I should have been prepared, but one never is.

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up