Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Singer Vehicle Design Porsche 911  (Read 1977 times)

Sean Klingelhoefer

Singer Vehicle Design Porsche 911
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:49:08 pm »

Hey guys, I just wanted to share some shots from a few months back of a beautiful Singer Porsche. This was a very impromptu photoshoot - I just went to Singer to introduce myself and shoot a shop tour and we ended up taking this beautiful car out for a spin and I took some quick shots in about 30 minutes. Anyway I rather like how they came together, particularly considering the circumstances. Enjoy...

Rob C

Re: Singer Vehicle Design Porsche 911
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:56:40 am »

More than ever, Mike is right: we need a Love Those Cars department. Seriously, it would be fun, and in it could go all the classics and modern ones - love one sort you probably love 'em all...

Rob C

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Singer Vehicle Design Porsche 911
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:24:29 am »

I like many of the compositions, as they are classics. The technique used to desaturate the colors is okay. In many traditionally composed car promotion photos, the background may be unremarkable but the vehicle typically stands out. That does not take place here and the vehicle is very much part of the environment. There is room for improvement here, imo.

The last 2 photos would benefit from a little work. In the 2nd to last one the capture would be waaaaaaay better if we didn’t see the back side of the guardrail and also the graffiti doesn’t help the scene (here or elsewhere in the series), and in the last one, the interior details should not be lost to shadow, since that’s what the image is about. Probably a multiple capture that was merged would produce a more detailed interior. It may be possible to work up 2 images from your original and use one to bring out more of the shadow detail and then merge it with the one shown.

Still, a nice series, and it makes me miss my Porsche.

Many moons ago back in the 1970s I did promotion photos for a used exotic car dealer. I didn’t make any money but traded the photos for the opportunity to borrow and drive a lot of exotics. The experience opened my eyes about the used car market, helped me to build my foto portfolio, and best of all, made me a fan of German cars.

Thanks for posting this series!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:32:20 am by Justan »
Pages: [1]   Go Up