Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lens' Angle of View And (Naked) Truth  (Read 2579 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Lens' Angle of View And (Naked) Truth
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:39:53 pm »

We often have this debate whether cameras manipulate reality just by lens and standpoint selection, i.e., what to include or exclude from the view. This seems to be a priceless example (and no, it is not a convention of "The 40 Years Old Virgin" movie fans, but rather the current Republican Convention):

Full article here.

;D

WalterEG

Re: Lens' Angle of View And (Naked) Truth
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:54:31 pm »

There is a distinct possibility of veracity with a bloke with a name like that.

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:07:11 am »

A further problem that I have with all politicians, virgin or otherwise, is the matter of ties (as worn around the neck).

Why do they think that discarding a tie makes them 'men of the people' and why would you want a politician to be a man of the people? For my money, I want a politician to look like a politician or even a mortician; to look like a guy just arrived home after a day at the office or at the office secretary isn't my sense of cool regarding politicians or people in public office. These people should dress as if they held you in respect, not as a pack of damned fools buying into a fake 'togetherness'. Or is that just me? Am I missing genuine realtionships when I see them?

If I wanted to vote for the chap at the counter of the hardware store, then I'd ask him to stand for office; I want to vote for a guy with a better education than I have had, for someone with a wider sense of the world out there, with an aura of gravitas that will perhaps convince other politicians that he's a man, not a mouse nor even a windmill. Dammit, Mrs T managed that with Russia and she even convinced Ronald! And I don't remember her showing much of her neck, which I'm still certain wasn't of brass.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 09:18:47 am »

Rob, you convinced me... I got to start looking for a new avatar (with a tie)  ;D

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:53:17 am »

Rob, you convinced me... I got to start looking for a new avatar (with a tie)  ;D

Heysoos! You're not a politician?

;-)

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:04:08 am »

I am not, but I would like the people on the forum to think I hold them in respect. ;)

mediumcool

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 10:17:33 am »

or at the office secretary

Love it!
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool
Pages: [1]   Go Up