Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: grass v2 c&c please  (Read 714 times)

michaelwm

grass v2 c&c please
« on: August 29, 2012, 11:32:49 pm »

Hi,

I originally posted this in the landscape forum, but its leaning away from landscape, so I thought I'd post here instead.
Original thread is here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=69927.0 , although the first is posted here too

After much thought, here is a second attempt (v2). I feel it is more like what I envisioned on the day, but would appreciate c&c as always.

Cheers,
Michael

shutterpup

Re: grass v2 c&c please
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:14 pm »

Well Michael,
I didn't read the original thread; I only looked at the original photo. I like the original better if the point is the hidden flowers in the grass. I also prefer the color of the grass in the first, but then I live among the sagebrush of the southwestern Arizona desert so that is a default preference for me  ;D  The second makes a star of the grass; I hardly took notice of the flowers at all in the second one.

It depends on what your focus, the intent of the photo, was.

michaelwm

Re: grass v2 c&c please
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:45:16 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. The star is supposed to be the grass, and the flowers are secondary, hence there small size. I was drawn to take the photo due to the effects the wind was having on the grass, it almost looked sea-like. The flowers in this respect were included to anchor the image, and add a little something extra. This is what I'm struggling with I suppose  :)

In reality, the grass was quite green, but reflections in the original wash it out a bit, a polariser would have helped here.

Cheers,
Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up