Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flying  (Read 5496 times)

armand

• Photos
Re: Flying
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »

Most of the times when I post I look for all suggestions but here, as I said before, I was looking for suggestions regarding the execution not the concept. Doesn't mean you can't critique the concept, it's just unlikely to change my opinion about it.
And of course, I was curious to see how it resonates with the others as it is after all something that I don't usually do.

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »

You might be well intended but the drops from the splash that you are trying are mostly coming back to you. It seems you like classic, well exposed photos. Fine, but don't think that's the only way to go and everything else is not worth it. I didn't pretend it's a piece of high art but I knew what I was doing and I got close to the concept I had in mind, and I am still happy about it.
As you could probably read (and I'm sure you did but elected to stay on your white horse) some do find some value in it.
And if you think some genres are limited to some time periods then I hope you don't discover some of your work was done already in some older foggy periods.

PS as for your point arguments read them again later and see if you still stand by them

Armand -  You posted an image here asking for a critique, an image that is so far from the mainstream, so far from anything from my experience, that I think you are either serious and really looking for help.. or maybe a child playing like poppa does.  I post a reply asking for an explanation, what your were trying to accomplish, an artist your studying, anything to give us some perspective as to why we're looking at ink dots.  I did this politely and with good intent.

Others post asking for virtually the same thing. Some joked, but asking at the same time for an explanation.  Finally you came back with an explanation telling us that a picture doesn't require an explanation and that the efforts or methods don't matter, that the only thing which matters is the result.

But the "result" is what prompted the questions about explanation and the jokes.  At least with the bigfoot genre we have a big hairy creature who might or might not be real and a back story (explanation) to compare/contrast with.

Then you finally come back telling us you weren't looking for that critique you were asking for at all.. instead you were using our responses to form your own ideas and subsequent changes to the image.  Interesting.. but perhaps not an adequate explanation for those you used.

Now you try and tell me what kind of images I like.. classic well exposed.. and to leave room for other types of photography.  Armand.. I was.  I was asking for an explanation so I could give your attempt at photography it's fair due.   I asked for and gave you every opportunity.   You didn't want to provide an explanation, you really didn't even want the critique.  You just wanted our reactions and for us to respond to the reactions so you could get more reactions.  There's a name for this type of behavior.. starts with a t but otherwise I can't remember.

I suppose when someone posts an image for critique and very few respond we'll know why.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

armand

• Photos
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 10:27:14 pm »

Armand -

You put this in the critique section so I'll go with that.

The image is underexposed, it appears to not have adequate focal length, it's not well focused, and I find myself interested in what you see in this that I'm not seeing.  The title I'm curious about as well "flying."  Birds fly.  This doesn't appear to be the birds first flight or any significant event which might warrant a title that would otherwise be considered obvious.

This your first polite comment. It misses entirely the point of the photo. Did actually think I was trying to post a well exposed (hence my comment about your preferences), focused photo but I somehow got it so bad that I ended up with this and I didn't realize what I was doing and yet I posted here?

I said
A photo shouldn't require much explanation and the efforts or the methods don't matter, only the final result
This means that if the photo doesn't have merits to stand on its own, an explanation or description of the efforts will not make it better. The fact that you understood what you wanted it's a different story.

Again, I assume you can read, I was looking for critique. Just not the one that you provided. And I was curious how the others feel about it even if cannot provide a critique.
That fact that you assume that I waited for the others to post so I know what to write makes me wonder if you think you are the only one in the room who can articulate, as the condescending comments that you make give me that impression. And I did give you and explanation which was true to what I wanted for the reason to help the critique. Again, I really don't care if you believe it or not.
And if you think your comments are polite while calling me a child, troll, or whatever, think again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up