Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100ps- Are driver updates backward compatible by OS? X.7 driver to X.6 comp  (Read 933 times)

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com

Hi all,
I just upgraded my printer drivers, and I did so based on the level of the Mac OS I am using as specified on the HP web site, which is X.6.8

Apple has released X.7 & X.8 and I received a notice from HP that there is an update by HP for:

Mac OS X 10.7 HP Designjet Raster Driver (ver 21.0)

FYI, I am using ver 20.0, currently for the raster driver and the PS driver is at ver 21.0. which appears to be compatible with X.6 and X.7.

So what I need to clarify is are the updates backward compatible? Should I update beyond my OS and use a HP v X.7 update on a Mac with OS x.6?

Does anyone know for sure? HP, why not be clear about this? Or have I missed it in the fine print?

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM

Edhopkins

Hi Tom
we are getting ready to upgrade our hp z3100ps (44") to 10.6. the new photoshop requires that and we want to upgrade our photoshop to PS6.

What is the url of the HP web site you are looking at?

(I find HP to be terrible in terms of explaining their software. I stopped installing firmware updates when a new version came out which had NO documentation explaining how it was different from the previous version.) 

What firm ware version are you using, by the way?

thanks

ed
Baltimore

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com

Hi,
I am on Mac OS X.6.8.

I have just upgraded to new drivers for PS (ver 21.0) & raster (ver. 20), and now HP has an update for X.7 &* for raster driver to ver 21.

My FW is....
TR12-TR12PS_7.0.0.3
    PS3017.102-02.95R
         OS     TR_2.0.11

The best thing to do is to sign up at the HP website using their HP Passport sign in method, and then you have to choose product, OS, and more. and it works OK. There are a lot of legacy broken links and you might go down some dead ends, but remember to press on.

I hope this helps.

So long for now, TOM
Pages: [1]   Go Up