Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X10 CAN'T shoot Raw (Bad quality)  (Read 2133 times)

mac_paolo

Fujifilm X10 CAN'T shoot Raw (Bad quality)
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:14:58 am »

I'm posting a little comparison here because I almost got stoned in a Fujifilm X Serie cultist forum telling them I'm going for a return and refund.

The title is provocative on purpose. One of the most respectful engineers of the Lightroom Team actually told me that Fujifilm isn't supporting Adobe for a better Raw support.
The issue is known but a solution is not scheduled. I understand that. Too much effort for a low volume camera.
I think it's more or less the same as for any other camera maker, with the not so slight difference that the EXR sensor has little to share with common bayer CFA sensors.

I truly believe that pushing camera makers (Fuji here) may help establish cooperations. Let's make some noise, as they say.
I may decide to get another X10 in the future (i.e.: post Photokina models reviews) as it's a very nice compact camera.

Comparison

Raw vs JPG OOC.
Minor adjustments to contrast, tonal curve and detail. Custom made dual illuminant DNG profile which improves color quality.
It's a full 12MPx photo: no fancy EXR interpolation here. The easiest case.

Lots of worm-like details, halos everywhere. Look at the difference in the antenna building on the right.

To me, if a camera can't shoot Raws which could be properly managed under Lightroom (not Adobe's fault here), can't shoot Raw.

Buying advice
Can't/Won't tell which competitor could supersede the X10. What I can tell is: if you care about shooting Raw and work with Adobe Lightroom, DON'T BUY A FUJIFILM X10.

stever

Re: Fujifilm X10 CAN'T shoot Raw (Bad quality)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:40:33 am »

i made a similar comment earlier this year when i sent mine back - i don't think you can expect much of this camera under any circumstances

get an RX100
Pages: [1]   Go Up