Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resources for fall photography in Rockies and Southwest  (Read 1640 times)

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Resources for fall photography in Rockies and Southwest
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:56 pm »

With fall right around the corner I decided to put together a list of guides and other resources other fall color crazy photographers might find useful.  You'll find e-books, newsletters, books and websites in this list - some free, some not.  None of these are affiliate links and I do not profit in any way from the post.  Just thought it would be great information to share with fellow photographers.

Read "A Collection of Fall Color Guides and Resources" and start planning your fall photo trips!

Frank Sirona

• Frank Sirona landscape photography
Re: Resources for fall photography in Rockies and Southwest
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:56:51 pm »

Bret - what a great resource, thank you for putting this together. This will certainly be very helpful for many!

As a source of inspiration, I would further recommend Christopher Burkett´s wonderful book Intimations of Paradise, shot in 8x10. He is not limiting himself to the Rockies or the Southwest as location, nor to fall as season, but you´ll find plenty of great fall shots in the book (just consider the others as the book´s bonus tracks...). And don´t let the Amazon prize deter you - apparently Christopher has a limited number of copies left, which sell at a still acceptable price.
Frank Sirona. Large format photography of the Desert Southwest.

www.franksirona.com

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:25:16 pm »

Thanks, Frank.  I'm glad you find it to be a useful compilation of information.  I will have to check out Christopher Burkett's book.  Hadn't heard of it but I always enjoy viewing and being inspired by the impressive work of other photographers.  In fact, that's a big part of the reason I'm here!

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:28:40 pm »

Thanks for putting this together. A few of the resources are already familiar to me but several are not, so I'll check them out.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up