Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm leaving. A thanks letter.  (Read 13810 times)

fredjeang

I'm leaving. A thanks letter.
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:02:23 am »

Hi everybody,

Well,  this morning I took the decision to abandon the forum and erase my membership.
This isn’t because I don’t like Lu-La; here, it’s a great place to be, surely one of the best forum
Worldwide and a great community.

This decision is motivated by the fact that at this point, I know I have very little more to bring
To the forum. All I could share from my current knowledge and experience has been done,
In a more or less accurate way, in an English that sometimes leaved a lot to be desired, but
tried to give in return the incredible amount of help and information I’ve been receiving here.

The other  reason is that I feel that it’s not convenient anymore being an active poster without
Having public references of my productions. You know, assisting some big fishes is fine but it’s
always the work of other’s in the end, even if in the results one has been part of the machinery.

In what my personal work is concerned, I don’t feel ready yet. I’m currently not producing on my own
at a comparable level of my mentors. I feel the capacity in me but between feeling it and doing it,
there is a huge gap and a path I’m aware I have to recover first. I
Will not assist anymore and center my energy in my own productions, find my personal style and
Build my portfolio which is something I wanted to do for some time and never ended doing it for time table
And circunstances reasons.
I have the feeling that I’m closing a part of my life in which I learned a lot but produced very little personal works,
always in the shade working for others. My presence in Lu-La has been under those circumstances I’m now closing
while opening a new and exciting but difficult challenge: doing my own Imagery even if it means having to live with
other sources of incomes for awhile. In that context, I really don’t know what could I bring more to the forum if not
useless posts that would turn around in circles and bored everybody.

I think that my role here has been to contribute to boost the video forum activity with other members of this section.
It’s great to see video now part of the language, that we’ll end to be called image makers and not just photographers.

Of course, I’ll still read Lu-La and if in the future I really have some good experiences to share, more knowledge and
artistically-commercial content published under my name, I’ll become again a forum member with great pleasure.

Leaving this place sounds a little bit like leaving a family, well, we end to make contacts and create links with some people.
I feel sad to take this decision but at the same time I know it’s the correct one.
Sometimes it’s necessary to “leave the family” to fly high and then be back with interesting living and freshness.

I’d like to thank you all guys, for your precious help, kindness and generosity.
Thanks to Michael R and Chris S to make this forum possible. I wish a great recovery to Michael, I know he’s gona beat the beast.  Chris, a big hug to you.

I’d like to thank specially  B.Cooter, James. He has always been there, always generous in his posts, a lot of Priceless informations and top imagery.
An example for me as a pro as well as a soul. I’ve learned a lot from him and will apply those learnings in my life. James, thanks for being here and the best in your
Career and personal life. I hope we will meet one day in some part of the world.

Rob, it’s been great to know you: take care my friend, watch less behind you a past that is not there anymore and Enjoy as much as you can the present,
it is all we have, the now.

Morgan, keep going what you do. You’re getting better and bettter, you’re having results. It will work.

Chris Barrett, great to see you involved in feature film and enjoying it like a kid. Keep this dream and keep Walking this exciting path. Ps: minimalism is cool.

Thanks to all of you guys, Keith Laban, Bern Caughey, TMARK, Sareesh,, Slobodan, Russ, Thomas ,…the list would be too long.

You’re all in my heart.

Have a great time, make good imagery and long life to Lu-La.

;)

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
Re: I'm leaving. A thanks letter.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:09:37 am »

Abrazos Fred y Buena Suerte.

Many thanks for all your contributions - it's been fun watching your rocketing progress - not to mention the massive improvement in written English skills :D

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 11:22:44 am »

No offense, but who cares? You can just stop reading and posting without making a huge drama out of it.

petermfiore

• Peter Fiore Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:27:52 am »

Boy this IS a tough forum.

Peter
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:29:26 am by petermfiore »

Isaac

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31:34 am »

No offense, but who cares? You can just stop reading and posting without making a huge drama out of it.

I don't see what you intended by your comment but to give offense.

You can just skip over postings which don't interest you without making a huge drama out of it.

michael

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:12 am »

Boy this IS a tough forum.

No, just the occasional boorish oaf.

Best of luck Fred.

Peter

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12:20 pm »

Fred,

Sorry to see you leave, though I think I can understand the sentiment. I always enjoyed your insights, regardless of whether they are contributing or not. They've been always refreshing, deeply personal, and with a unique slant. And benevolent. I guess that is precisely why the post above stands out in such a stark contrast to your postings.

Good luck and please stay in touch with us who care. And do not hesitate to ask for assistance, if needed.

EDIT: I tried to send you my personal contact details via PM, but, since you closed your account, it would not go. Please feel free to contact me whenever and for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:20:43 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 12:13:15 pm »

Booooooooo!!!

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 12:16:53 pm »

No offense, but who cares?...
Well as a matter of fact, quite a few of us do care.
Perhaps you would do us the favour of taking your own advice.

smthopr

• Bruce Alan Greene Cinematography
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »

Fred, why leave?  It's just an internet forum.  Not a big deal. Just come and go as you please :)

Of course I understand that spending too much time here might distract from more important work...so best wishes for much success!
Bruce Alan Greene
www.brucealangreene.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 12:34:54 pm »

Indeed. just drop by.

In general I think fora work best with simple questions.

"will a 25/0.95" work on a BMC" (no)
"can I put sound from my Sound Devices into my 5d2" (maybe with a special lead)

The long philosophy rants tend to ramble a bit (Im guilty)

There was a golden era on the MFDB boards where everyone was struggling to switch them on, same with DSLR video.

Now both techs are reasonably understood and the boards less golden but still have huge value.

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

Bern Caughey

• WONDROS
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »

Fred,

This forum won't be the same without you, & hope you don't go.

At some point we all need to take hard decisions for our career, & I wish you the very best!

Regards,
Bern

RFPhotography

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 01:21:55 pm »

And I was just about to PM you with questions about the GH2.  ;D

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:15 pm »

Your contributions will be missed, Fred. I don't understand your rationale.

Jeremy

bcooter

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »

Fred's contributions will be missed, mainly because he kept the threads alive and he wasn't stuck in just one thought process.  Fred would give an opinion, wait for a response, process it and form another more seasoned opinion.

That is rare in the forum world, that tends to act like blue states, red states where people get caught up in one singular viewpoint.

Without knowing all the details, I think every commercial artist struggles with balancing their time between producing paying projects, sales, personal projects and sharing on a forum, or in their personal life.

Everybody talks money, or equipment, or art but the real demon is time and forums become a habit, some is good some just because your use to doing it.

I hate to see Fred's contributions stop because he did a lot to keep the motion/video section moving and brought an open mind thought process.

Saying this and not knowing Fred intimately I do think he'll be back.

Whether he comes back or not I would appreciate him staying in touch.

And Fred . . . the group is still here.

IMO

BC

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 02:22:36 pm »

Leaving without allot of sanctimonious condemnation? How dare you? :) I think you should stay long enough to generate some genuine self-righteous anger......about something.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 02:30:24 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: I'm leaving. A thanks letter. (WHY?)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:16 pm »

Hi,

You made good contributions and it seems that you have learned a lot. While leave? Why not just linger around?

Best regards
Erik Kaffehr
Erik Kaffehr

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »

Fred,

I'll miss you, too. Please come visit after a while and let us know what you have been up to.

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 06:30:52 pm »

Sorry to see you go, Fred.  I'll miss your input!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:32 am »

All the best, Fred. I have learnt a lot from you - thank you.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up