Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macbook Pro, NEC 2490, calibration questions  (Read 1115 times)

jimtron

Macbook Pro, NEC 2490, calibration questions
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:06:57 pm »

I just replaced my aging, early Mac Pro with a late 2011 Macbook Pro. I have an NEC 2490wuxi display, and a few questions. I'll be using the MBP with the NEC hopefully, or get a replacement display if necessary. Also I'll be using the MBP on the road, and will want to calibrate it without a second display. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

• I'm aware that there are issues with Mountain Lion and Spectraview. AFAIK, those are yet to be resolved.
  • I tried using my i1 (that came with the NEC) with the MBP alone (to calibrate MBP's display), but that didn't work--I thought I remember using the i1 and Spectraview software with non-NEC displays but maybe I'm wrong. Is that combo only for NEC? What's a good system for calibratinga late 2011 MBP?
  • The new ACD with Thunderbolt is tempting; for one thing it would be nice to have the USB and FW ports on the display that communicate with the Tbolt cable. Any thoughts on the quality of these for photographers, and also what's a good calibration system for these?
  • I've got over 8,000 hours on the NEC, but haven't noticed any problems. Will color accuracy suffer after many hours, or anything else I should be aware of?
Pages: [1]   Go Up