Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pian della Mussa  (Read 892 times)

Paolo-F

Pian della Mussa
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:11:17 pm »

Hi everybody, this is my first time here!
Photo from Italy
Thanks for taking a look!

take care
Paolo

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:16:25 pm by Paolo-F »

francois

Re: Pian della Mussa
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 03:02:11 am »

First, Paolo, welcome on the forum!

You have a very nice shot here. The combination with a mountain scene and that beautiful starry sky is sweet. I'm nitpicking but I slightly bothered by the keystoning effect (converging verticals) of the chalet. That said, I view the chalet as an anchor point and my eyes quickly go and get "comfortably" lost in the pink hues of the sky.

Well done!
Francois

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 09:43:21 am »

Welcome, Paolo!

Lots to like about this one, but the yard light seems overwhelming. Would it be possible to blend a darker exposure with a less brilliant yard light? Good job on the sky, with Delphinus leaping over a cloud.

Paolo-F

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:50 pm »

First, Paolo, welcome on the forum!

You have a very nice shot here. The combination with a mountain scene and that beautiful starry sky is sweet. I'm nitpicking but I slightly bothered by the keystoning effect (converging verticals) of the chalet. That said, I view the chalet as an anchor point and my eyes quickly go and get "comfortably" lost in the pink hues of the sky.

Well done!

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the compliment and for the critique, it's very important to grow up!

Paolo

Paolo-F

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:52:50 pm »

Welcome, Paolo!

Lots to like about this one, but the yard light seems overwhelming. Would it be possible to blend a darker exposure with a less brilliant yard light? Good job on the sky, with Delphinus leaping over a cloud.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your comment! In fact, in the print, the light has a less impact thant the video version (the sky is the same)  but, now, I will try what you suggest!

Paolo
Pages: [1]   Go Up