Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bought it - How to Photograph the Canadian Rockies by Darwin Wiggett  (Read 2709 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com

I have now managed to snag a very good condition copy from a UK second hand book seller, for not much more than its original cover price and also with free delivery - I am well chuffed..!

Dave

;D

Hi everyone,

I live in the UK and I am planning to spend a few weeks travelling through and photographing the Canadian Rockies next spring and as I always like to be well prepared and carry a good guide book with me if I can, that details where and when to shoot etc. The best book it seems is 'How to Photograph the Canadian Rockies' by Darwin Wiggett, which unfortunately is several years out of print. I know Darwin now sells this book as several separate downloadable PDF's, but as I do not use a tablet or a smart phone (yes there are still a few of us left), I prefer to carry a good old fashioned guide book with me to reference and plan routes etc, as I go along.

So does anyone own a copy of this book that is no longer of use to you and that you are willing to sell to me for a reasonable price? Or even for the same price that you paid for it when you bought it new? I do not care if it is dog-eared or moth eaten, as long as it is readable.

Thanks.

Dave
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:08:31 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Re: WANTED! How to Photograph the Canadian Rockies by Darwin Wiggett
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:21:26 pm »

Frommer's Banff and Jasper National Parks is "just okay," but the resource that I really enjoyed is Walks and Easy Hikes in the Canadian Rockies by Graeme Pole.  The book lists access points to trail heads and times to photograph the area and is a good alternative to Wiggett's book.

Have a great trip!

ken

francois

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 03:48:55 am »

Hi everyone,

I live in the UK and I am planning to spend a few weeks travelling through and photographing the Canadian Rockies next spring and as I always like to be well prepared and carry a good guide book with me if I can, that details where and when to shoot etc. The best book it seems is 'How to Photograph the Canadian Rockies' by Darwin Wiggett, which unfortunately is several years out of print. I know Darwin now sells this book as several separate downloadable PDF's, but as I do not use a tablet or a smart phone (yes there are still a few of us left), I prefer to carry a good old fashioned guide book with me to reference and plan routes etc, as I go along.

So does anyone own a copy of this book that is no longer of use to you and that you are willing to sell to me for a reasonable price? Or even for the same price that you paid for it when you bought it new? I do not care if it is dog-eared or moth eaten, as long as it is readable.

Thanks.

Dave

You can still find it as used on Amazon but starting at $100, it's not reasonable!
Francois

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:59 am »

You can still find it as used on Amazon but starting at $100, it's not reasonable!

Thanks Francois, yes I have found that already and I suppose if all else fails I will just have to bite the bullet, but I am sure there must be one of you lovely people out there who has a used copy that you no longer have any use for, that is ready to be sold on to a fellow photographer.  :)

Dave

uintaangler

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:45:05 am »

$100 isn't so bad, one guy is offering his copy for $999  :o

I have a Brand New copy - sending you a PM

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up