Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Body... Finally.  (Read 13949 times)

Rob C

Re: My Body... Finally.
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 11:03:32 am »

It's also worth mentioning that in an age of widespread malnutrition and infectious disease, moderate plumpness would have been a sign of good health, not just wealth.

Actually the women in the Rubens painting look pretty good to me. They're heavier than my ideal, but not by much. I'd rather spend an evening with one of them than with one of the stick-thin models that we're supposed to find attractive nowadays.

And there we differ: I wouldn't seek out either; I'd definitely prefer the Page 3 variety of build. For non-UKers, that means 'glamour' but (for me) of the non-siliconed variety. If you need further clarification, check out my Gallery and Gallery 2. (Shameless plug to the curious.)

Speaking of which, and à propos of my stroll along the quay of impossible dreams each day: there's a boat in right now with the name Vogue acros the back; I think that's what it is, but the final 'e' is hidden by the sliding doorway onto the deck, so I'm guessing... if it's there this evening, with the rear panel complete, I'll try to snatch it before I get accosted by Conde Nast guards. Of course, it might have nothing to do with that body at all - probably hasn't.

Rob C

Chris Pollock

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 07:12:24 pm »

And there we differ: I wouldn't seek out either; I'd definitely prefer the Page 3 variety of build. For non-UKers, that means 'glamour' but (for me) of the non-siliconed variety. If you need further clarification, check out my Gallery and Gallery 2. (Shameless plug to the curious.)
I'm not sure that we disagree by much. Note that I did say that the women in the Rubens painting are heavier than my ideal. I don't think most of your models are what I'd call stick-thin, although my ideal is a little heavier. (Nice photos by the way.) One thing that I intensely dislike is silicone 'enhancements'.

NancyP

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 01:10:34 pm »

I like this photo. If Maillol could create beautiful sculptures of fat women, why can't a photographer create beautiful photos of fat women?

Clothing models have bodies suitable for easily displaying rather stylized clothes without tailoring adjustment. Some of the women's clothing models are transgender women, and have male skeletal build and female fat distribution (due to exogenous estrogen). Once the clothes reach the store, the designs have been altered somewhat to fit the consumer. What you see in W magazine (fashion trade) is not what is sold in stores.

IRL, body habitus preferences vary.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up