Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences  (Read 389516 times)

francois

Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »

Evening light two days ago in the "Baumberge" near Muenster/Westfalia after sunset.

Welcome on the forum!
Wonderful skies, I especially love the second photo.
Francois

Malina DZ

• Malina DZ Photography
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »

Tasty ;)

We don't see a lot of food photography on LuLa. The DP2 would be well suited.
Ken Cameron

Farsh

« Reply #943 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:48 PM »

I took this picture recently from my window.

Malina DZ

• Malina DZ Photography
« Reply #944 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:58 AM »

Tasty ;)

We don't see a lot of food photography on LuLa. The DP2 would be well suited.

It really was delicious. I noticed that landscape photography dominates on LuLa (hence the name of the portal). I wish to share my experience with DP camera in other fields to avoid a mainstream thought that it only shines when used for landscapes.

I did some shots for a local restaurant with DP2M in a mix of natural and tungsten light and the results were quite pleasing.
iso100, f8

Canederli

juan_amores

« Reply #945 on: May 05, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »

A few more from yesterday:

_SDI0849 por John Loves, en Flickr

_SDI0865 por John Loves, en Flickr

_SDI0881 por John Loves, en Flickr

michael

« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:40 PM »

I have deleted a post because of its huge size.

Please only post screen resolution images. It bogs down the whole system.

Michael

SangRaal

« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2013, 05:15:51 PM »

Michael what is the acceptable size ? I have been having the opposite problem posting too small and losing resolution.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.
    • My website
« Reply #948 on: May 08, 2013, 06:53:27 PM »

Michael what is the acceptable size ? I have been having the opposite problem posting too small and losing resolution.

That would be good thing, right?

I mean, I've never seen so much high-res crap as in this thread. High time to post images based on their photographic merit (other than resolution). After gazillion examples of high-res orgy, we got a pretty good idea what the camera can resolve. Now shows what you can do with it.

If you really, really need to show detail and resolution, post a 100% crop at 800-1000 pixels on the long side. The same goes for full-size images.

design_freak

« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:30 AM »

That would be good thing, right?

I mean, I've never seen so much high-res crap as in this thread. High time to post images based on their photographic merit (other than resolution). After gazillion examples of high-res orgy, we got a pretty good idea what the camera can resolve. Now shows what you can do with it.

I agree with you! Only should be critical to the same extent for all  :)
Well I can tell you, it's just a tool. Anyone can buy a chisel, but not everyone is Michelangelo  ;D Pictures taken by technicians Hasselblad/P1 are also terrible, but no one criticizes...   ::) There is nothing to criticize the people who are taking photographs for fun, let them enjoy it.  8)

Best regards,
DF

-------------------------------------------
WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »

What sourpusses!  The Newbie who asked about image size for posting didn't deserve the discouraging response he got.  A major strength of this thread has been the number and variety of images posted.  I think that is to be encouraged.  Have you noticed the number of views on this thread?  Obviously something good is going on.  --Barbara

design_freak

« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:57 AM »

What sourpusses!  The Newbie who asked about image size for posting didn't deserve the discouraging response he got.  A major strength of this thread has been the number and variety of images posted.  I think that is to be encouraged.  Have you noticed the number of views on this thread?  Obviously something good is going on.  --Barbara

Barbara, Please use quotes. Then we know what you are referring to.
 I do not know if this is a comment to my post or to Slobodan...
Best regards,
DF

WORK HARD AND BE NICE TO PEOPLE

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #952 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:44 AM »

I don't see any benefit to encouraging negative sniping comments about those who have been willing to share their work with us on this thread --  especially when directed at a Newbie who has very politely and reasonably asked a question about procedure for posting, and then receives a reply destined to keep him from submitting anything at all.  Our loss when we treat our fellows this way. --Barbara

Vince Basile

• OvinceZ
« Reply #953 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:08 AM »

I had a post removed....my first post. Nice one, moderator. Remove the photo but leave the post. All I did was quote the post showing Machu Picchu. When I viewed the photo at the recommended size it didn't impress me at all. Just another Machu Picchu photo. When I clicked on it on my computer and it opened up full size I said Wow! What a camera and lens. Detail and contrast of that amazing ancient site unlike anything I have seen so far. It impressed me enough that I will get a DP3 for sure. It has a macro lens and flowers are something I shoot a lot of. Below is the original photo reduced in size plus a full size crop reduced in size.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everybody thinks the same... nobody thinks.
    • My website
« Reply #954 on: May 09, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »

... Newbie who has very politely and reasonably asked a question about procedure for posting...

And I provided a specific answer to that, didn't I? The rest of my post was my general comment about the thread, not about the newbie. To which I am entitled as much as you are.

Another general comment: too many posters simply repost already ginormous previous posts by quoting it. Bad netiquette.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #955 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »

And I provided a specific answer to that, didn't I? The rest of my post was my general comment about the thread, not about the newbie. To which I am entitled as much as you are.
Another general comment: too many posters simply repost already ginormous previous posts by quoting it. Bad netiquette.

I agree. More pages and bandwidth are wasted on needless and lengthy post repetitions than on a relatively few extra large images. 

NancyP

Maybe we should have two different DPxM threads...
« Reply #956 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

Keep the current thread for gear and PP questions, comments, and news. Start a new thread in the Landscapes forum for actual photos.

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #957 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:41 AM »

I like seeing them all together as examples of what is being done with this camera.  Many of them are not landscapes. --Barbara

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #958 on: May 11, 2013, 02:22:37 AM »

I like seeing them all together as examples of what is being done with this camera...

Agreed.

I would also say, assuming the dust has settled,  that Slobodan's comment resonated in relation to my own use of the camera. At first I was just blown away by the resolution and it took me a little while to realize that what matters is what I do with that resolution. IMO there are some posts on this thread that do good things with it.
Ken Cameron

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #959 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »

I started this thread in August last year with the intention that all things DP2M would be dealt with together (I included photos with that first message), and I hope that is the way it stays.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:52:20 AM by Quentin »
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, photographer entrepreneur and senior partner of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2013, 2014 & 2015
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54   Go Up