Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences  (Read 615163 times)

mezzoduomo

Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences
« Reply #840 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »

Lainer:   I bought the RRS plate/grip for my 1 and 2...OUTSTANDING. I actually dropped my DP2 before getting the grip, so I really appreciate it.  This camera is just that much better with a tripod, and my small, light tripod is the Promaster T525P carbon fiber with a Sunway ArcaSwiss style head.

Sigma hoods, no case, Domke small canvas bag holds the 1 and 2 at the same time. I use B&H almost exclusively for purchase.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:06:52 am by mezzoduomo »

juan_amores

« Reply #841 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:31 am »

Two more with the DP2M:

_SDI0686 por John Loves, en Flickr

_SDI0685 por John Loves, en Flickr

lainer

« Reply #842 on: March 19, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

The only problem is, I never bought a tripod before. I know I should buy the RRS L plate at least. It makes sense. Now as for a tripod, I'd like something light, maybe a carbon fiber as I hear they are better to stop vibration and aren't cold to the touch in cold weather. Like I said, I really have no clue when it comes to tripods. I don't want to buy something that is too big, or crummy. but I don't want to buy something that is overkill. It's all confusing to me.

Lainer:   I bought the RRS plate/grip for my 1 and 2...OUTSTANDING. I actually dropped my DP2 before getting the grip, so I really appreciate it.  This camera is just that much better with a tripod, and my small, light tripod is the Promaster T525P carbon fiber with a Sunway ArcaSwiss style head.

Sigma hoods, no case, Domke small canvas bag holds the 1 and 2 at the same time. I use B&H almost exclusively for purchase.

NigelC

« Reply #843 on: March 19, 2013, 04:47:31 pm »

Quick question about VF21 viewfinder - does it have dioptric adjustment - does it need it for folks who need specs for close vision? (not sure of the optical principles of direct vision viewfinders)

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #844 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:57 pm »

...but I don't want to buy something that is overkill. It's all confusing to me.

I would by a L-plate from RRS - a small RRS ballhead - and a carbonfibre tripod from Velbon ( i bought one very cheap and it is just very well made and light )
The RRS is good but very expensive(6x) ...i do not think it will make the difference...
and do not forget  a remote control to avoid camera shake..

I use the light Velbon as well as a 7 KG tripod with my nikon d800 but must say the Velbon never lets me down...
i love L-plates and the ballheads from RRS -i have the bh40 and the smallest ; the latter will be sufficient for this merrill and is very lightweight
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

rayken

« Reply #845 on: March 20, 2013, 02:57:06 am »

After following this forum I purchased a DP2m for my landscape images. I have just returned from a trek through the Western Arthur Range in southwest Tasmania and wish to share some images with this forum. During the trip I manages to shoot 169 images on less than 2 batteries, with some minor editing, I used an OVF to save on the LCD.
Ray
raykennedy.com.au

Pete_G

« Reply #846 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:01 am »

Quick question about VF21 viewfinder - does it have dioptric adjustment - does it need it for folks who need specs for close vision? (not sure of the optical principles of direct vision viewfinders)

The VF1 does not have dioptic adjustment, but I can use it either with my reading glasses on or off. When I don't use my glasses the image in the finder is less focussed although the frame line seems unaffected. I tend to find using it without glasses easier despite less clarity, but this may be a personal preference.

NigelC

« Reply #847 on: March 20, 2013, 10:33:46 am »

The VF1 does not have dioptic adjustment, but I can use it either with my reading glasses on or off. When I don't use my glasses the image in the finder is less focussed although the frame line seems unaffected. I tend to find using it without glasses easier despite less clarity, but this may be a personal preference.

Just out of interest what strength are your reading glasses?

Pete_G

« Reply #848 on: March 20, 2013, 12:47:53 pm »

Oh..I don't know precisley but something like 2.5 as per cheap supermarket glasses.

lainer

« Reply #849 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:50 pm »

Thanks for the response to my query. Is Velbon a brand name? I've never heard of it.

I like the L plate from RRS. Can it be used on other tripods? I don't know anything about tripods.
I would by a L-plate from RRS - a small RRS ballhead - and a carbonfibre tripod from Velbon ( i bought one very cheap and it is just very well made and light )
The RRS is good but very expensive(6x) ...i do not think it will make the difference...

I use the light Velbon as well as a 7 KG tripod with my nikon d800 but must say the Velbon never lets me down...
i love L-plates and the ballheads from RRS -i have the bh40 and the smallest ; the latter will be sufficient for this merrill and is very lightweight

lainer

« Reply #850 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:38 pm »

What remote control would you use for a Sigma DP2M? I have no idea.

Thanks!

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #851 on: March 20, 2013, 05:16:08 pm »

Lainer, I use a DP2M with the Vf21. I need glasses to read,-250 to 275, and have no problem with the viewfinder. The viewfinder is so small I don't even know its there but it's great in bright sun. The Voitlander finder is a better optic, but is a bit bigger. My 2 cents on the L bracket and grip is this....I love the merrill because it is small and light, so why put a big heavy RRS bracket and grip on it. Richard Feneric makes a grip that is small ,light and works great. I walk around all day with the Merrill just hanging on my finger, and even with bad arthritis I don't even feel it. I have his grip on all my cameras. For an L bracket I use the fabulous JTEC bracket. Again small and light. Just some other options for you to Google and check out......Max

mezzoduomo

« Reply #852 on: March 20, 2013, 05:43:20 pm »

Lainer & maxgruzen:

The remote is not necessary, as there are delay shutter settings on the Merrill.  And, the RRS grip is (to me...) not at all heavy, but a bit larger than the Franiec grip alone. This provides extra grip, at the trade off of slightly larger size.

paulormiston

« Reply #853 on: March 21, 2013, 02:20:13 am »

First posts from Phyathai Palace, Bangkok

paulormiston

« Reply #854 on: March 21, 2013, 02:26:48 am »

havent quite got the hang of posting multiple images yet

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #855 on: March 21, 2013, 09:26:06 am »

That's the most interesting moire example I've seen so far (#82). A result of jpeg compression or...?

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #856 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:20 am »

That's the most interesting moire example I've seen so far (#82). A result of jpeg compression or...?

There is no moire  ::) ... This is just optical illusion due to low scale picture...
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

francois

« Reply #857 on: March 21, 2013, 11:50:48 am »

There is no moire  ::) ... This is just optical illusion due to low scale picture...

Right, when viewed in PS (or any other app) at 100%, the moiré disappears…
Francois

MrSmith

« Reply #858 on: March 21, 2013, 04:04:39 pm »

Can't seem to find the info on the web but would like to know what the size of the tiffs are from the sigma's (pixel dimensions) have I read it right that there is no set sensor pixel to print pixel correlation? What size do people output at?

maxgruzen

• http://www.pbase.com/mordicai
« Reply #859 on: March 21, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »

Around 90 mbs
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54   Go Up