OK, having shot with the DP2m for a bit more than 2 weeks now, here are my current views:
- The image quality is indeed remarkable, better than I had thought at first, but the envelope of usage is pretty narrow.
- ISO 100 is amazing, very sharp, very nice colors, decent DR (although shadow feel noisy compared to the D800),
- Up to ISO400 is OK but some risk of banding noise - it can be cleaned pretty well with a bit of tweaking,
- Higher is poor
- Auto WB is very accurate
- The battery life is still too short, but shortening the time out helps significantly,
- The AF is slow but very accurate, at least in good to moderate light
- The overall usability is OK, but there are many little things that I'd like to see improved
- Histogram is a bit small,
- No RGB histogram,
- Lack of histogram in M mode,
- The usability of the raw conversion software is poor
- No ordering of sub-folders... this is a nightmare when you have several orders of folders you need to go through,
Anyway, overall the DP2m is a very nice tool and a welcome addition to my set up.
You've got to wonder how good a full frame next generation 30+ megapixels Foveon sensor could be... I guess Zeiss would start to manufacture lenses in Sigma mount.