Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences  (Read 615164 times)

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2012, 01:30:36 pm »

Er..... what am I supposed to make of this image - the relationship to the caption is opaque to me. Was this part of a swimwear catalogue shoot - illustrating the fitting guide section perhaps?

It is a bad translation early in the morning :) Keep "all natural" ;) This is swimwear hand made by my wife :) If you like this I have more  ;D
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

TMARK

« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »

Er..... what am I supposed to make of this image - the relationship to the caption is opaque to me. Was this part of a swimwear catalogue shoot - illustrating the fitting guide section perhaps?

In the States anyway, when something is really fantastic, like the DP2m, we frequently describe it as "tits".  That's the way I took it.

TMARK

« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2012, 02:18:51 pm »

;D  They are not wrong, they are French.

. . .

This is so true.  I've spent lots of time in France, and observed and listend to many Americans' complaints about "The French".  Boiled down, the complaints revolve around the French use of Cartesian logic and analysis in everyday life, while the Americans who complain, well, don't think in a structured, analytical manner.  I've heard complaints revolving around the definition of sandwich, and whether a croque monsieur fits that definition. The position of the hotel staff is that a croque monsieur is not a sandwich, while the American guest insists it is.  The staff will not give in, and they are correct.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm French. But if I have one regret in my life it is not to be born in United States of America. Hopefully, I'm young enough to make this dream come true, so i will do my best to have the nationality.

NigelC

« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

It is a bad translation early in the morning :) Keep "all natural" ;) This is swimwear hand made by my wife :) If you like this I have more  ;D

OK I now understand! Thanks

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2012, 03:54:23 pm »

OK I now understand! Thanks

More girls then !!

TMARK

« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2012, 12:26:24 am »

Don't get me wrong, I'm French. But if I have one regret in my life it is not to be born in United States of America. Hopefully, I'm young enough to make this dream come true, so i will do my best to have the nationality.

Come on in the water's fine here in the States!  The thing about The US of A is that it challenges the imagination.  It is everything good and bad you have ever heard about it.  I've lived and worked in Europe and I really like France, Italy, and Denmark.  Berlin is great as well.  I find the large cities in Europe and the US to be similar in culture, but Europe has better coffee, which is important to me.

T

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2012, 03:26:35 am »

Hi all, this is my first post here  :D :D

I got a DP2M after reading you guys' posts   ;D
I found that in SPP, the X3F files were significantly darker (around 0.7 to 1 stop) than the embedded jpeg of the same image.  Is it normal?

I'm just wondering whether it is the nature of the X3F raw, or my camera actually has problems.

Don't worry JCL212 this is normal. Do not rely on the Jpeg anyway. DP2m, as well as other SIGMA cameras, are RAW only if you look at quality.

Come on in the water's fine here in the States!  The thing about The US of A is that it challenges the imagination.  It is everything good and bad you have ever heard about it.  I've lived and worked in Europe and I really like France, Italy, and Denmark.  Berlin is great as well.  I find the large cities in Europe and the US to be similar in culture, but Europe has better coffee, which is important to me.

T

I like challenge ;)

mi-fu

« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2012, 03:44:42 am »

Don't worry JCL212 this is normal. Do not rely on the Jpeg anyway. DP2m, as well as other SIGMA cameras, are RAW only if you look at quality.

Thanks Hulyss for your help :)
Your images and Quentin's ones were the reason to make me get this small, but yet powerful camera  ;D ;D

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:55 pm »

Well I'm British and unsurprisingly have no regrets  ;D

I have added a DP1m and I am pleased to say it is very nearly as good as the DP2M.  The only real difference in quality is a touch of CA at the edges, which can be eliminated using the  default CA checkbox in Sigma Photo Pro And the very slightest sharpness fall of in the corners.  it's a good companion for the DP2M
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:31:50 pm by Quentin »
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:34 pm »

Well I'm British and unsurprisingly have no regrets  ;D

I have added a DP1m and I am pleased to say it is very nearly as good as the DP2M.  The only real difference in quality is a touch of CA at the edges, which can be eliminated using the  default CA checkbox in Sigma Photo Pro And the very slightest sharpness fall of in the corners.  it's a good companion for the DP2M

Hey Quentin :) Gratz on your new acquisition !! I think you should rename the tittle of the thread to "SIGMA DP Merrill (1&2) Experiences". Can't wait to see what you are doing with the 1 ;)

Lotus:

Fluff on Taxus bacatta :

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:23:10 pm by Hulyss »

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2012, 06:12:14 am »

I have just taken delivery of the Cannes panorama taken using the DP2M; here is a quick camera phone shot of it in situ

Hi Hulyss, busy with the day job so I have not had much time yet to use the DP1M...will try and do so this weekend.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:32 am »

I have just taken delivery of the Cannes panorama taken using the DP2M; here is a quick camera phone shot of it in situ

Looks impressive...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

TMARK

« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2012, 10:21:28 am »

Hi Hulyss, busy with the day job so I have not had much time yet to use the DP1M...will try and do so this weekend.

Nice!

mi-fu

« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:40 am »

wow.  very impressive :D

Hi Quentin, would you share with us what your set up is like to do pan-shot with DP2m?

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2012, 11:03:05 am »

Hi JCL212

Thanks for the kind comments

DP2M, Nodal Ninja 3 Mk2 pano head (perfect for the DP2M), leveling head, lightweight tripod.( Update: this is my current system but the Cannes pano was shot handheld)

Stitching is in PTGui on a Windows 7 machine.

This particular print is a Lambda light jet print by Spectrum Photo in the UK, using their perspex system.  Very smart result.

The detail in this shot, printed at 24 inches x 100 inches, is incredible - easily large format level across the image.  Quite fun to look at and see new details previously unnoticed

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:07:49 pm by Quentin »

mi-fu

« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:08 am »

Hi JCL212

Thanks for the kind comments

DP2M, Nodal Ninja 3 Mk2 pano head (perfect for the DP2M), leveling head, lightweight tripod.

Stitching is in PTGui on a Windows 7 machine.

This particular print is a Lambda light jet print by Spectrum Photo in the UK, using their perspex system.  Very smart result.

The detail in this shot, printed at 24 inches x 100 inches, is incredible - easily large format level across the image.  Quite fun to look at and see new details previously unnoticed

Hi Quentin,

Thanks so much for being so generous on sharing so much of your knowledge :)

I definitely will look into the Nodal Ninja 3 Mk2 pano head.  This little camera makes me pick up my passion to shoot landscape again, because it is so light to carry around, but yet so powerful!   ;D

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2012, 03:25:17 pm »

Quentin, your earlier post had indicated that this pano was shot hand-held, or is this another version? Interesting to read, however, about your pano head choice.  --Barbara

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2012, 04:02:03 pm »

Giant Pano Quentin  :o

Some more photos :)

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2012, 05:05:11 pm »

Hi Barbara, this was handheld but I have since moved to the Nodal Ninja system I use now.  For the Cannes panorama there were no close objects that would have made an accurate nodal point a necessity.  Fortunately the stitch is perfect despite being handheld!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54   Go Up