Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences  (Read 615217 times)

Malina DZ

Re: Sigma DP2 Merrill Experiences
« Reply #940 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:21 am »

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #941 on: May 03, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

Tasty ;)

We don't see a lot of food photography on LuLa. The DP2 would be well suited.
Ken Cameron

Farsh

« Reply #942 on: May 03, 2013, 09:19:48 pm »

I took this picture recently from my window.

Malina DZ

« Reply #943 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:58 am »

Tasty ;)

We don't see a lot of food photography on LuLa. The DP2 would be well suited.

It really was delicious. I noticed that landscape photography dominates on LuLa (hence the name of the portal). I wish to share my experience with DP camera in other fields to avoid a mainstream thought that it only shines when used for landscapes.

I did some shots for a local restaurant with DP2M in a mix of natural and tungsten light and the results were quite pleasing.
iso100, f8

Canederli

juan_amores

« Reply #944 on: May 05, 2013, 06:29:43 pm »

A few more from yesterday:

_SDI0849 por John Loves, en Flickr

_SDI0865 por John Loves, en Flickr

_SDI0881 por John Loves, en Flickr

michael

« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:40 pm »

I have deleted a post because of its huge size.

Please only post screen resolution images. It bogs down the whole system.

Michael

SangRaal

« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »

Michael what is the acceptable size ? I have been having the opposite problem posting too small and losing resolution.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »

Michael what is the acceptable size ? I have been having the opposite problem posting too small and losing resolution.

That would be good thing, right?

I mean, I've never seen so much high-res crap as in this thread. High time to post images based on their photographic merit (other than resolution). After gazillion examples of high-res orgy, we got a pretty good idea what the camera can resolve. Now shows what you can do with it.

If you really, really need to show detail and resolution, post a 100% crop at 800-1000 pixels on the long side. The same goes for full-size images.

design_freak

« Reply #948 on: May 09, 2013, 03:42:30 am »

That would be good thing, right?

I mean, I've never seen so much high-res crap as in this thread. High time to post images based on their photographic merit (other than resolution). After gazillion examples of high-res orgy, we got a pretty good idea what the camera can resolve. Now shows what you can do with it.

I agree with you! Only should be critical to the same extent for all  :)
Well I can tell you, it's just a tool. Anyone can buy a chisel, but not everyone is Michelangelo  ;D Pictures taken by technicians Hasselblad/P1 are also terrible, but no one criticizes...   ::) There is nothing to criticize the people who are taking photographs for fun, let them enjoy it.  8)

Best regards,
DF

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #949 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:36 am »

What sourpusses!  The Newbie who asked about image size for posting didn't deserve the discouraging response he got.  A major strength of this thread has been the number and variety of images posted.  I think that is to be encouraged.  Have you noticed the number of views on this thread?  Obviously something good is going on.  --Barbara

design_freak

« Reply #950 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:57 am »

What sourpusses!  The Newbie who asked about image size for posting didn't deserve the discouraging response he got.  A major strength of this thread has been the number and variety of images posted.  I think that is to be encouraged.  Have you noticed the number of views on this thread?  Obviously something good is going on.  --Barbara

Barbara, Please use quotes. Then we know what you are referring to.
 I do not know if this is a comment to my post or to Slobodan...
Best regards,
DF

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #951 on: May 09, 2013, 04:25:44 am »

I don't see any benefit to encouraging negative sniping comments about those who have been willing to share their work with us on this thread --  especially when directed at a Newbie who has very politely and reasonably asked a question about procedure for posting, and then receives a reply destined to keep him from submitting anything at all.  Our loss when we treat our fellows this way. --Barbara

Vince Basile

• OvinceZ
« Reply #952 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:08 am »

I had a post removed....my first post. Nice one, moderator. Remove the photo but leave the post. All I did was quote the post showing Machu Picchu. When I viewed the photo at the recommended size it didn't impress me at all. Just another Machu Picchu photo. When I clicked on it on my computer and it opened up full size I said Wow! What a camera and lens. Detail and contrast of that amazing ancient site unlike anything I have seen so far. It impressed me enough that I will get a DP3 for sure. It has a macro lens and flowers are something I shoot a lot of. Below is the original photo reduced in size plus a full size crop reduced in size.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #953 on: May 09, 2013, 11:17:38 am »

... Newbie who has very politely and reasonably asked a question about procedure for posting...

And I provided a specific answer to that, didn't I? The rest of my post was my general comment about the thread, not about the newbie. To which I am entitled as much as you are.

Another general comment: too many posters simply repost already ginormous previous posts by quoting it. Bad netiquette.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #954 on: May 09, 2013, 09:04:15 pm »

And I provided a specific answer to that, didn't I? The rest of my post was my general comment about the thread, not about the newbie. To which I am entitled as much as you are.
Another general comment: too many posters simply repost already ginormous previous posts by quoting it. Bad netiquette.

I agree. More pages and bandwidth are wasted on needless and lengthy post repetitions than on a relatively few extra large images. 

NancyP

Maybe we should have two different DPxM threads...
« Reply #955 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »

Keep the current thread for gear and PP questions, comments, and news. Start a new thread in the Landscapes forum for actual photos.

BarbaraArmstrong

« Reply #956 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:41 am »

I like seeing them all together as examples of what is being done with this camera.  Many of them are not landscapes. --Barbara

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #957 on: May 11, 2013, 02:22:37 am »

I like seeing them all together as examples of what is being done with this camera...

Agreed.

I would also say, assuming the dust has settled,  that Slobodan's comment resonated in relation to my own use of the camera. At first I was just blown away by the resolution and it took me a little while to realize that what matters is what I do with that resolution. IMO there are some posts on this thread that do good things with it.
Ken Cameron

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #958 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:40 am »

I started this thread in August last year with the intention that all things DP2M would be dealt with together (I included photos with that first message), and I hope that is the way it stays.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:52:20 am by Quentin »
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

Rand47

« Reply #959 on: May 11, 2013, 10:33:10 am »

I started this thread in August last year with the intention that all things DP2M would be dealt with together (I included photos with that first message), and I hope that is the way it stays.

I agree.  Even the more mundane test photos have been valuable in demonstrating the amazing detail rendering of these cameras.  I'd probably not have considered buying one without having my mind blown over some of the boring detail shots. 

I think a lot of what we've seen illustrated in this thread falls into the category of, "I can't believe what I'm seeing with my own eyes!"  Since it is a lowly Sigma that gets bashed.  I see a lot of high res muddy monochrome on the MF forum, but I guess that's art.  ;D

Rand
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 54   Go Up