Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It seems iPhoneography is a word now.  (Read 5654 times)

RobbieV

• My work.
Re: It seems iPhoneography is a word now.
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2012, 04:02:41 pm »

Just curious. Have any of you tried Instagram?

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:02 pm »

I would have preferred Kissograms, but then that's because I live alone. An Instakissogram sounds promising, though.

;-)

Rob C

Ed B

• Light Conspiracy
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 05:47:15 pm »

Maybe there is hope after all.  ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bianca-bosker/normalize-instagram-app_b_1812556.html

Yep. As soon as it forced me to crop my images I deleted it. Tried another one called PicPlz (which is now defunct), tried it for a couple of days and deleted it. I found nothing redeeming about this trend. The only filter that I somewhat liked was the shallow dof blur filter but I can do that in PS if I wanted to.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2012, 06:13:23 pm »

Maybe there is hope after all.  ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bianca-bosker/normalize-instagram-app_b_1812556.html

Cools! Next time somebody punks me with Instagram, I'm gonna shoot 'em back a Normalized version just so they know I've seen them for the photo imposters they really are.

RobbieV

• My work.
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:21 am »

I think the ease of editing pictures to look like they came out of banged up old Holgas is a good thing. It was a trend I was never really fond of in typical photography (this type of processing on pictures taken with a more traditional camera). Instagram flooded the world with overdone and overprocessed pictures of lunch, sunsets and flowers. In the end, people will be spitting out the overcooked images of Instagram and instead moving towards a more realist approach.

I don't harbour any resentment towards iPhoneography. At the end of the day, they know where they stand. It's pictures on a phone. Most don't take their creations that seriously, and those that do aren't worth taking seriously themselves.

Rob C

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 11:20:49 am »

I think the ease of editing pictures to look like they came out of banged up old Holgas is a good thing. It was a trend I was never really fond of in typical photography (this type of processing on pictures taken with a more traditional camera). Instagram flooded the world with overdone and overprocessed pictures of lunch, sunsets and flowers. In the end, people will be spitting out the overcooked images of Instagram and instead moving towards a more realist approach.
I don't harbour any resentment towards iPhoneography. At the end of the day, they know where they stand. It's pictures on a phone. Most don't take their creations that seriously, and those that do aren't worth taking seriously themselves

Really? Interesting take; hadn't realised it's the tool that matters most.

(Down, you over there!)

Rob C

RobbieV

• My work.
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 02:55:08 pm »

Sort of like trying to make a nice purse out of a sow's ear using a butter knife and some PVA glue.

::)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up