« on: August 16, 2012, 05:13:08 pm »

Do these work as more than snapshots?

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Re: Bubbles
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 06:22:50 pm »

Do these work as more than snapshots?

For me I think 1 and 3 are snapshots. 2 though is a little more intriguing, in that even though it I know it is just a bubble, at the same time it sort of looks like a small blue planet hanging in space and the shallow DoF seems to add to the effect. It is a bit too centrally placed, which can often make an image feel uncomfortable, but then again as there is nothing else in the image to look at, I don't know if placing it further off centre would have helped or not.

Dave
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:25:35 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

WalterEG

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 06:45:06 pm »

Armand,

I think that the choice of background pretty much assures the status of 'snapshots' to these bubble-pix.

The inclusion of the finger and the reaching hand are wonderful elements but lost in significance amidst palings and shadowy murk.

Bubbles are a favourite symbol of many things:  fragility, wonder, uniqueness, sparkle and, through cultural conditioning, aspiration.

To have shot these in a different space - perhaps against a blue sky - quite a strong metaphor could have been created.  But alas .... a paling fence.

Cheers,

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:10:19 pm »

As long as the idea seems good I should have other chances to get it better. I couldn't really help much with the background unless I was going to be really low.
Pages: [1]   Go Up