Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cut sheet margins on Epson 9900  (Read 2857 times)

RobinFaichney

Cut sheet margins on Epson 9900
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »

Experimenting with my new Epson 9900, I'm having a problem with cut sheet paper (only tried A4 so far).

It looks to me like the printer minimum bottom margin is rather large (well over an inch, though I can't check right now), so that most pics I print that should fit on one sheet and show that way in Page Setup are split across two. However, I don't believe that's a hardware limitation, and there's no mention of such a setting in the user guide. So what else could be causing this?

If it matters, I'm using Mac OS X 10.8 and LR 4.1, and I'm as new to both Mac and LR as to the printer (very).

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Cut sheet margins on Epson 9900
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 02:46:52 pm »

For most Epson Pro printers the bottom margin is a bit larger than the side and top margins, but not more than 0.56 inches. It is more than likely that there is a configuration error in your Lightroom Page Set-Up for making prints, or there is a mismatch between the paper size going into the printer and the paper size you set in the Epson driver. I doubt there is anything more amiss than some settings you need to configure between the Epson driver and Lightroom. Plenty of detailed instruction is available from this website and in the Epson printer manual for getting all this set-up correctly so that your whole image fits within the one page and to the dimensions you want.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »

As mentioned, on cut sheets the minimum margin of the trailing edge is .56 inches, the leading edge is .12 inches. The sides are normally leave .12 inches as well, but you can get around that and print borderless on the sides as long as the width is one of the standard borderless widths.

In your page setup after choosing A4(sheet)  drag your cell size tabs as far as they go.  This would be the largest image you can get on a page. On A4, it should be almost exactly 8x11 inches.

RobinFaichney

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 05:41:51 am »

Just got back to this, printed another sheet and checked a few things. What I'm printing is Digital Dog's Printer Test file, which is very slightly over 10" by 8" at 200ppi.

In LR Print Layout all margins are set to 0.13". Page Grid is 1x1 and Cell Size is 11.44x8.01. In Page Setup I can only specify printer, paper size, orientation and scale, all of which are correct. However, the printed sheet has an apparent top margin of exactly 1.5" and a bottom margin of just under 2". About 2" of the image is missing.

Any ideas?

RobinFaichney

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

Tried printing from Photoshop Elements today with no problem. Same thing still happening with LR, though.

RobinFaichney

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:49 am »

Seems I was selecting the wrong paper option in LR. Who knew that "A4" could mean something other than "A4 cut sheet"?  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up