Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 44" Canon ipf8300 - best price I've ever seen  (Read 34136 times)

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
Re: 44" Canon ipf8300 - best price I've ever seen
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 02:57:16 pm »

I have an 8300 and am not a heavy-volume user. I leave it on all the time and have never had to replace the maintenance tank, and ink cleanings do not appear to have an impact on ink usage.

I use it with Windows 7 x64 and there are no issues.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

Miles

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:45 pm »

Thanks for the info Neile.  How long have you owned it? Can you provide any info on whether the ink carts expire?

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 02:15:31 am »

Canon says that carts shouldn't be left in the printer for more than 6 months.  But I think that's just a wildly safe number.  AFAIK a lot of people here must have cartridges installed for way more than year, and we're not hearing complaints.

I've got two Win7 and one Vista computers accessing the 8300 over the same network.  No problems, and there doesn't seem to be any difference in printing speed.

And like neile I leave the printer on all the time.  Left to itself it will wake up every day and grunt for a while, then go back to sleep.  Once in a while it will do the syncopated "agitation" routine, which I don't quite understand but which I assume is a good thing.  Very little ink seems to be used by those activities. The wake up period seems to be slightly longer than 24 hours, so if you're into a daily printing cycle it may not even happen.  When I hear it wake up I am reminded that I am being a slacker and need to run some more prints.

Miles

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 08:10:01 am »

Thanks for the info, Bill.  The printer sounds pretty bullet proof! 

jdoyle1713

• http://www.shadesofpaper.com
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 09:44:28 am »

Yes I was correct..The Trade in On The 8300 is as Follows..

Canon is pleased to offer a Trade-in promotion on imagePROGRAF printers. To earn this rebate, a Canon printer will be a
trade-in replacement for approved competitor’s Large Format printers traded in by the end-user customer. Sales to end
customer must be made between July 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012.

ImagePROGRAF Eligible Unit Trade-In Amount Trade-In Requirement
iPF6350 / iPF6300 $300
Any 17‖ or Wider Inkjet Printer
iPF6300S $200
iPF9100 / iPF9000S $1,200
Any 36‖ or Wider Inkjet Printer
iPF8300 $880
iPF8300S $300
iPF8000S $880
iPF825 / iPF825 MFP $600
Any 36‖ or Wider Inkjet or LED
Printer
iPF815 / iPF815 MFP $250
iPF765 $550
iPF765 MFP $950
iPF760 $500
iPF760 MFP $900
iPF755 $550
iPF755 MFP $950

Cheers
Jim doyle
Shades Of Paper
Jim Doyle
[url=http://www.shadesofpaper.

neile

• http://www.danecreekfolios.com
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 10:03:21 am »

I bought it November 15th, 2010. I'm still on my original ink cartridges with no signs of any ill effects.

Neil
Neil Enns
Dane Creek Folio Covers. Limited edition Tuscan Sun and Citron covers are now in stock!

buckshot

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 12:56:04 pm »

Shouldn't this thread really be called: 44" Canon ipf8300 - best price I've ever seen in the USA

I just checked Vistek (Canada), and whaddyaknow, it's listed at a bargain basement price of $5400+Tax including rebates.

Miles

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

Thanks again for the info, Neile.  I'm convinced, just ordered one!

JeffKohn

• http://jeffk-photo.typepad.com
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 03:07:28 pm »

Shouldn't this thread really be called: 44" Canon ipf8300 - best price I've ever seen in the USA

I just checked Vistek (Canada), and whaddyaknow, it's listed at a bargain basement price of $5400+Tax including rebates.
That's ridiculous. Sounds like Canon Canada isn't particularly interested in selling large format printers.
Jeff Kohn
[url=http://ww

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

To avoid disappointment I have not checked European prices or actions after reading this thread. It will not be different for down under I guess. Whatever brand of printer the better deals happen in the US.

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

Dinkla Grafische Techniek
Quad,piëzografie,giclée
www.pigment-print.com

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 10:40:13 am »

Basically, from my understanding is that Epson's 9900 is supposed to be the top of the line quality with the O&G where the 9890 and the IPF8300 are still very close in the color gamut area.  To really figured out which printer you would like to go with for the best quality printing that you want, Canon and Epson have the best selections.  HP has already discontinued the Z3200 series and only has the Z6200 series available at the moment now.

With the trade-in discount, whomever you purchase it from would just need a picture of the qualified printer serial number to be emailed to them for verification.  Depending on which Canon printer you go with, you will get a trade-in amount off the printer price upfront.  Canon states that the printer being used should be removed from the location that it's in.

So far, with IT Supplies and Atlex, we currently have the 3 discounts going on right now.  The Instant rebate is upfront already and ends either while supplies last or at the end of September.

This is by far the biggest promotion that I've ever seen from Canon while working at the company for 2 years.  With the free 330ml ink and 2 printheads, you're saving more than half off upfront (including trade-in) and our free shipping (same as most of our competitors).

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
cwood@itsupplies.com

Roscolo

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 03:48:43 pm »

With the trade-in discount, whomever you purchase it from would just need a picture of the qualified printer serial number to be emailed to them for verification.  Depending on which Canon printer you go with, you will get a trade-in amount off the printer price upfront.  Canon states that the printer being used should be removed from the location that it's in.

I did move my z3100 from the gallery into the office. Glad to see I complied with Canon's requirements! :)

TSJ1927

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

I wish we could see a similar discount percent on the IPF9100 60" printer.  Epson 11880's are now as low $6500.00.
I now have both the ipf 8300 & 11880, but the 11880 dropped out its three warranty 3 mos ago and now  head clogs happen all to often.... (the internal warranty clock)

Johnny_Boy

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 08:05:48 pm »

For those of you who already have an ipf8300, the trade-in discount does not apply, so it close to $3,000 to pick up a new unit. You won't be saving any money this way to replenish your ink and heads.  I've seen better deals around thanksgiving/Christmas for the past 2 years.

For HP and Epson users, now might be the perfect time to migrate over. Grass is greener printed on a Canon printer. :-)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:09:33 pm by Johnny_Boy »

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2012, 09:05:54 am »

I wish we could see a similar discount percent on the IPF9100 60" printer.  Epson 11880's are now as low $6500.00.
I now have both the ipf 8300 & 11880, but the 11880 dropped out its three warranty 3 mos ago and now  head clogs happen all to often.... (the internal warranty clock)

The discount for the 9100 is $1200 if you have a qualifying 36" printer or larger.  The 11880 that you have would qualify for this trade in and the huge Mail-in would help you out as well.

Feel free to email me for a price quote.
cwood@itsupplies.com

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2012, 05:17:16 pm »

I was also going to mention from a previous post that manufacturers state to not leave ink in a printer for more than a specific time.  Now, with the updated print heads and the moistened sponge that the print heads stay over help to prevent the inks from clogging.  The president of our company (whom used to work for HP) mentioned that certain manufacturers are thinking about removing the expiration on the ink pack since they won't really expire.

With the new printers, this issue shouldn't be a problem with leaving ink in your printer for months at a time and possibly printing a few times.  Doing the nozzle check and print head alignment will normally fix the banding issues if left unused.

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

Just wanted to inform everyone that was interested in the 8300 that Canon updated their trade-in list.

Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Series (17" inkjet), Stylus Pro 7000 Series (24" inkjet),
HP Designjet Z2100, Z3100 and Z3200 (24" inkjet) printers.

As long as your current printer isn't already used for a previous trade-in, it will qualify (working or not).

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.
cwood@itsupplies.com
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:06:08 pm by Atlex.com »

ftbt

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

These are wonderful prices. They had something similar about a year or so ago, when I got my 8300. One thing you may want to consider is purchasing the extended warranty (perhaps closer to when the warranty is about to run out). I didn't and I am sorry now. Let me explain why: Up until this weekend my 8300 was running flawlessly. I use it primarily for canvas, and I was still using the original ink and maintenance cartridges, with light to moderate use. An absolutely wonderful machine. Then this weekend, out of the blue, the machine wouldn't print. It originally listed a "2618" hardware error code (which could be anything from bad print heads, to a bad cable, to a bad PCB.) After an A Cleaning, it then listed a "2F42" error code (which I believe relates to bad print heads). I called Canon today, and they had me update the firmware and print a nozzle check, which showed that the print heads weren't functioning properly.

Now, here's the rub: I asked for new print heads. But, Canon wasn't interested in sending me replacement print heads (which they normally do, gratis, when the heads have little ink usage, even though outside the warranty period). Instead, they want to schedule a service call for $1,500.00! You heard it right ... $1,500.00! That is what it costs to get them out to look at your machine.

Now, you might be saying .... can't you get an independent service company to service Canon Prograf inkjet printers. So far, the short answer is, "No." Canon has got you by the "short and curlys." Their business model is something like the old Bardahl Oil Treatment commercial " ... you can pay me now ... or you can pay me later ..."

So, when you buy that new Canon printer at what seems to be a give away price, also see if you can get the extended warranty, preferably sometime down the road, before the original 1 year warranty expires. If something minor goes wrong after the warranty expires .... like a $25.00 part ... guess what? If you call Canon it will cost you $1,500.00 to get it fixed.

Believe me, I am not dumping on Canon. I love the quality of the prints the machine has made (so far). But, you really have to ask yourself what the true cost of owning such a machine might be, especially if you have to pay for service on the back-end at Canon's prices, with no alternative, other than Canon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:40:33 pm by ftbt »

I.T. Supplies

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:03 am »

Yes, this can be a hassle.  The great part is that you can replace your print heads by yourself without wasting the $1500 for the service call.  We sell them for less than that for both heads together.  The other nice part of the Mail-in rebate on the printer is that you have the option between the $1000 cash back or the 1-year extended CarePak warranty ($1250 value).  Otherwise, you can check through Pitney Bowes, which I believe is the company that Canon goes through for out of warranty service.  If you have issues through Canon, we can check with our Canon rep for better assistance.  Normally customer service people can be a pain on the direct side, but checking with a person rep can sometimes help with pushing the issue faster for a fix.

Let me know if you have further questions regarding this.
cwood@atlex.com

ftbt

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2012, 10:44:56 am »

... The great part is that you can replace your print heads by yourself without wasting the $1500 for the service call. 

Of course I can. That is what I wanted to. However, Canon wasn't inclined to send out me out a replacement set at no charge. They wanted me to pay for a set of new heads ... and obviously I can get them much cheaper than $1,500.00. That is not the point. I have read numerous instances where Canon would simply send out a new set of heads ... no charge .... when the heads have failed outside the warranty period, if the heads have had little or moderate ink usage through them. (As you know, the heads are really warrantied based upon the amount of ink that has gone through them, and not based upon time.) I even talked to a supervisor at Canon. Their position: we don't know "for sure" that replacing the heads will fix the problem, so you could end-up needing that $1,500.00 service call after all!

Now, here is the interesting thing. Last evening I did a B Cleaning and tried to print another nozzle check. It wouldn't print the nozzle check and the machine gave me a message (in plain, good old English) saying to replace both heads!!! So, I guess I will give Canon a call back and see if that changes anything on their end.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up